Recent Topics

Ads

RD and CW broken?

Let's talk about... everything else
retekelek

Re: RD and CW broken?

Post#51 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:47 pm

Spoiler:
Hey guys! I never played live, but i imagine like people whining there to gm-s " oh my god we can't kill em because they using resolute defense" and the gm-s just remove an exiting ability...
User received a warning for this.

Ads
Jollyjoker

Post#52 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:48 pm

Gotta love the "we can do whatever we want" attitude. We all know you can do what you want with this game and this has been proven many of times in the past since its your project but does it mean you have to do things like ninja remove RD/CW without telling anybody... Guess some noobs cried and cried and now it's done
Sturmovik/Crisp/Saluco

Azalya

Post#53 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:53 pm

Jollyjoker wrote:Gotta love the "we can do whatever we want" attitude. We all know you can do what you want with this game and this has been proven many of times in the past since its your project but does it mean you have to do things like ninja remove RD/CW without telling anybody... Guess some noobs cried and cried and now it's done
This!! ^^^^^^
Azalya-Klementyne-Ophelia-Clover

Manatikik

Post#54 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:56 pm

Azalya wrote:
Jollyjoker wrote:Gotta love the "we can do whatever we want" attitude. We all know you can do what you want with this game and this has been proven many of times in the past since its your project but does it mean you have to do things like ninja remove RD/CW without telling anybody... Guess some noobs cried and cried and now it's done
This!! ^^^^^^
Don't know if real Azalya...

And pretty sure it was just a miscommunication or shooting the gun a day early not some conspiracy to **** with and anger people.
<Montague><Capulet>

tazdingo

Post#55 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:58 pm

i am a drunk man and i praise this change nuts to cheese mechanics

fact that it was done stealthily just keeps people on their toes

Shalktonin

Post#56 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:14 pm

tazdingo wrote:i am a drunk man and i praise this change nuts to cheese mechanics

fact that it was done stealthily just keeps people on their toes
the popcorn worthy drama and people loosing their minds over it is just an added bonus.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

Hargrim
Developer

Post#57 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:36 pm

retekelek wrote:Hey guys! I never played live, but i imagine like people whining there to gm-s " oh my god we can't kill em because they using resolute defense" and the gm-s just remove an exiting ability...
You have great imagination, you should try to write a book :).

geezereur

Post#58 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:39 pm

Penril wrote:Yeah, they are gone.
Yes finally. cheers

Ads
retekelek

Post#59 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Spoiler:
Hargrim wrote:
retekelek wrote:Hey guys! I never played live, but i imagine like people whining there to gm-s " oh my god we can't kill em because they using resolute defense" and the gm-s just remove an exiting ability...
You have great imagination, you should try to write a book :).
hm ok, but what should be the name of the book?
I'm thinking on some names for it but too affraid to write it here, the banhammer watching ower us
If you think you are not going to be moderated because you use the "but the banhammer" card, you are sadly mistaken.

Tankbeardz

Post#60 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:59 pm

While I agree that it would have been nice to know about the changes ahead of time....I play all class archetypes, regularly, and I have managed to never use RD or CW on any toon (OK maybe once or twice for 5 minutes before my respec ADD kicked in). Generally, I do OK.

Think about the willpower buff that made healers INCREDIBLY resistant to casters....
Think about the changes to dots that make tanks even tankier (really, this affects all classes)...

I have always hated the over-reliance of these skills in PVP. The world is not over and life will go on.