Ads

Decrease in Population?

Let's talk about... everything else
Dresden
Banned

?

Post#171 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:17 pm

adei wrote:
Dragaz wrote: - the competitive scene died with the banhammer of June 2016 when the dev team decided to observe a third medium such as Twitch.tv and implement a rule which would allow them to ban people for trashtalking in their own environment (retroactive). the result was a huge outcry and a banhammer which affected multiple guilds:
  • + critical acclaim (disbanded)
    + enigma (disbanded)
    + KappaPride (disbanded)
    + Red Guard (partially disbanded)
    + Fusion (partially disbanded)
The lack of certain people did not just kill guilds by itself but was also the reason to make other guilds stop playing as they had nobody to measure their skill with any longer. Nowadays you have guilds like krautcontrol & LoB dominating the battlefield. considering they were literally a non-factor during 2016, it is obvious that you won't find (new) people forming serious groups, neither will you attract skilled players to return. the community changed to be rather super small scale and make use of the new implemented solo queue which totally supports the casual gameplay.
Shame. RIP kagami I guess. Break the rules, get banned, plenty of people to measure skill against, just too much epeen to try it. GW2 anyone?
Adei, THEY LEFT!!! DON'T YOU GET IT?!?!?!?

Telling people they've got what you provide despite their lack of taste for it is like offering week-old KFC to a hungry homeless man WITH STANDARDS.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ads
blaqwar

Re: Decrease in Population?

Post#172 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:26 pm

Do hungry homeless people have standards? I believe that once you're hungry enough and your survival instinct kicks in standards and any kind of moral holds are cast aside (cannibalism?) :P

So I guess in your example it's possible the people that left didn't have standards, they just weren't hungry enough (as in there was other stuff to play).

The above was written in jest, don't take it too seriously. :)

adei

Post#173 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:30 pm

Zanilos wrote:Do you know how hard GW2 is? Set the bar lower please.
Busted.

charlysixb

Post#174 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Well i think population is getting better with the time ( euro side ). Im not sure about NA, but with client control and new stuff that is coming im sure it will get even better.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Dresden
Banned

Post#175 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:57 pm

charlysixb wrote:Well i think population is getting better with the time ( euro side ). Im not sure about NA, but with client control and new stuff that is coming im sure it will get even better.
Sing it brother! Sing it!

#LongLiveRoR
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

saupreusse
Developer

Post#176 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:29 pm

cemen

Post#177 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:23 pm

reading through all these comments... makes me sad for the state of the game. hope you bros can hug it out or something..
Pouncepouncepouncepouncepounce

Sizer

Post#178 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:44 am

My opinion was always that NA population favored rvr/city over smaller fights. Both regions had huge amounts of players into rvr early on, but still, NA just seemed more into it and less into the super competitive 6v6 scene. Probably a bit of a bias since all of the guilds I have been in favored roaming/keep defenses to 6v6, but still, last year I probably saw 30 people cycle in and out of this game simply because rvr was too slow and had no endgame.

So, assuming that it is stable and ddos does not happen, city will bring them back. Just gotta be patient.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Post#179 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:39 am

Sizer wrote:My opinion was always that NA population favored rvr/city over smaller fights. Both regions had huge amounts of players into rvr early on, but still, NA just seemed more into it and less into the super competitive 6v6 scene. Probably a bit of a bias since all of the guilds I have been in favored roaming/keep defenses to 6v6, but still, last year I probably saw 30 people cycle in and out of this game simply because rvr was too slow and had no endgame.

So, assuming that it is stable and ddos does not happen, city will bring them back. Just gotta be patient.
I like how NA destro were generally more organised and they were far pluckier than EU destro!

CzarRedwall

Post#180 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:30 am

I'm just excited for the future. There's no telling what can be done if you look at other emulators for different MMOs and see the kind of stuff they can produce.