Recent Topics

Ads

Bringing Back Deleted/Removed Abilities

Let's talk about... everything else
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: Bringing Back Deleted/Removed Abilities

Post#51 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:23 pm

I agree slayer is better, maybe some hammerer abilities could be use for slayer then ?
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
catholicism198

Post#52 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:32 pm

Grunbag wrote:I agree slayer is better, maybe some hammerer abilities could be use for slayer then ?
The career is very different now- so it wouldn't make sense to bring those and give them to the Slayer.
The only thing I would suggest to for the Slayer is trying to give him a 'Berserk' ability where he gains rage faster but has greater reduced armor/resistances during that time.

-
Have to head off to work now... :cry:

Glorian

Post#53 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:28 pm

Actually Hammerer == Slayer.

Hammerer in closed beta was a Medium armored melee damage dealer. And by no way like an IB.
He killed mobs like a Boss, and with an Guarding IB he became quite a whirlwind of death.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#54 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:53 pm

Azarael wrote:
bloodi wrote:So we are bringing back divine strike?
I really could use it. The way Grace and Sacrifice handle on .ex mode WP/DoK is good, but Divine Strike would allow me to reduce the dependency on Sigmar's Radiance and Transfer Essence.
Hello azarael I don't know if you're reading your pm on forum , I sent you one about beta client links if you needs it check you PM

catholicism198

Post#55 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:03 pm

Glorian wrote:Actually Hammerer == Slayer.

Hammerer in closed beta was a Medium armored melee damage dealer. And by no way like an IB.
He killed mobs like a Boss, and with an Guarding IB he became quite a whirlwind of death.
He is and he isn't, but we were actually talking about his appearance.
I'd still like to see what it was like in action- so hopefully we'll be able to.

Would be nice if the Magus was given his Silence and melee knock back, but we'd have to wait until they get client control- and revamp the Magus and Engineer again.

Odd that it was removed in the first place since it's supposed to be a CC career......

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#56 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:21 pm

Yes now dev have probably a lot a new thing in their hand let's see what they will do with it

catholicism198

Post#57 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:12 pm

Grunbag wrote:Yes now dev have probably a lot a new thing in their hand let's see what they will do with it
Hopefully it does.
I really hate the changes that were made to the Magus and Engineer as right now only one spec is viable.

Here is the original ability icon for Greener'n Cleaner. It has far more character than the current one.

Sigimund

Post#58 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:13 pm

Which engineer spec is that?

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#59 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:01 am

I think we could rebalance so many class with those files . Range buff for engi shroud stay but has to be linked to the rifleman tree or something and we have to make other more attractive and viable. Don't know about other career I won't talk about something I don't know

I made a purpose it about how I'd see engi changes
viewtopic.php?p=198445#p198445

Karast

Post#60 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:10 pm

One of the interesting things looking at the old alpha and beta abilities is how much their designs changed overtime.

Looking at just Engi, grenade tree in alpha and beta was much more of a debuffing / support tree. It really makes so much more sense when you realize they gutted all the debuffs out of it, and stripped most of the abilities, then moved in a few of the early morales to take their place, and super nerfed them to make them fit.

Having Naplam as a super high damage M4 is great, and you can tell that's what they did with the skaven later on.

It's hard to even imagine what it would play like with some of those abilities like shrapnel grenade, and nitro grenade.

The whole bomb mechanic looked cool as well. More options than just land mine. That could have added a whole other dimension to magus / engi play. It's a shame they scrapped it.