Recent Topics

Ads

EC cheese punting.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: How to fix the cheese EC punting

Poll ended at Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:23 am

Add a portal in the abyss
25%
Add more walls (make Trump proud)
35%
Keep it as is
35%
Other (add a suggestion below)
5%
Total votes: 40

Morbidmind

Re: EC cheese punting.

Post#21 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:29 pm

Walls are not the answer for EC. If you don't like getting punted into a kill pit, just don't que for the scenario, as its part of it.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#22 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:43 pm

Woatan wrote:But the game has diversity for a reason. Fixing something that isn't broke or unbalanced simply because it doesn't fit your liking is wrong.

Some scenarios are objective based and spread out. Others intense and in-your-face combat oriented. Basically all scenarios give you the option to make decisions granted by its perks and the way the map was built (puntalistic EC, Tor Anroc and lava,Temple of Isha and Isha's ball etc.)

Warhammer comes in many shapes and forms. Cherish it.
All of this conversation is pointless if we don't know what EC's target audience/direction is, e.g premades? solo que? pug-only?

Lileldys

Post#23 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:52 pm

RyanMakara wrote:
Lileldys wrote:If you want a straight up 6v6, then use Caledor Woods. It allows for both melee and ranged to be played. EC is pretty limited to Melee v Melee in comp 6v6.

IMO, EC was well known for the punt potential, and that's what gave it it's flavor, so to say.
That feel when you got rekt in 6v6 EC by a group using 1 Sorc and 2 SHs. Your argument is invalid.
The only 6v6 I have done vs another guild on EC was with peterthepan's guild, fighting melee vs melee. Please show me a vid/ss or something similar with one of my characters in it. Pretty sure you can't.

RyanMakara

Post#24 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Lileldys wrote:
RyanMakara wrote:
Lileldys wrote:If you want a straight up 6v6, then use Caledor Woods. It allows for both melee and ranged to be played. EC is pretty limited to Melee v Melee in comp 6v6.

IMO, EC was well known for the punt potential, and that's what gave it it's flavor, so to say.
That feel when you got rekt in 6v6 EC by a group using 1 Sorc and 2 SHs. Your argument is invalid.
The only 6v6 I have done vs another guild on EC was with peterthepan's guild, fighting melee vs melee. Please show me a vid/ss or something similar with one of my characters in it. Pretty sure you can't.
Oh sorry I meant to speak for myself; I meant to say I'M the one that got rekt by an RDPS group in EC while fighting 6v6, not you. Yet, this is an example of how an RDPS set-up is still viable in EC against a melee train, even with the wall.
Last edited by RyanMakara on Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyanMakara

Post#25 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:46 pm

Woatan wrote:The conversation is not pointless regardless what audience/direction EC has.
Players are free to queue or not queue, you don't go change a mecanic to suit the need for some people.
Problem with EC is that it is currently being optimised for the 6v6 audience. Punts are a part of that playstyle, but without a suitable mechanic in place that would ensure a punted individual could rejoin the fight, there has to be either an inability to be punted into the pit, or have an escape method from the pit. Currently, we have neither, as the wall in place is inefficient and the pit lacks either a teleport or a kill zone.

Sizer

Post#26 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:46 pm

How about you just don't put in a scenario that automatically makes 50% of the dps classes in this game (ie rdps) worthless, regardless of punts. Caledor woods, great 6v6 scen, melee groups and ranged groups both are viable. EC, not so much.

I mean, I get the desire to make this server imitate live as closely as possible, but isnt there a point where you can just say this particular content is just so terrible it should not be included on this server at all.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

peterthepan3

Post#27 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Sizer wrote:How about you just don't put in a scenario that automatically makes 50% of the dps classes in this game (ie rdps) worthless, regardless of punts. Caledor woods, great 6v6 scen, melee groups and ranged groups both are viable. EC, not so much.

I mean, I get the desire to make this server imitate live as closely as possible, but isnt there a point where you can just say this particular content is just so terrible it should not be included on this server at all.
What content would that be? You can actually make EC work for ranged classes (we had Korze on a defensive Sorc vs double melee and it fared well)

Morbidmind

Post#28 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:00 pm

I think people are missing the point of EC. Its not for tryhard pro 6v6 play, its for solo queing into as a tank and getting to have a jolly good time. Its the "Lets have some fun and watch clowny **** happen" 6v6 scenario.

Ads
RyanMakara

Post#29 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:18 pm

Morbidmind wrote:I think people are missing the point of EC. Its not for tryhard pro 6v6 play, its for solo queing into as a tank and getting to have a jolly good time. Its the "Lets have some fun and watch clowny **** happen" 6v6 scenario.
Let us partake in jolly co-operation, and exile the enemy from our Eternal Citadel!

If only I could become so grossly incandescent...

Londo

Post#30 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:02 pm

Fall damage should be fixed next patch.