Recent Topics

Ads

Would it be possible to have all doors open?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
SetchDreskar

Would it be possible to have all doors open?

Post#1 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:33 am

Basically what it says on the tin, did a search of the forums and didn't see this being mentioned, though it could have been under something other then door or gate which are what I searched for, at any rate I think this would be a far simpler and less prone to bugging solution to the door problem if it is even possible. If its not possible to set the doors permanently in the open position then disregard this, but if it can be done I think it would be greatly appreciated given the number of times the temp doors have caused major issues.
"Ever boil a can of cola? Ever see what tries to crawl out of the saucepan?" - The Black Signal

Setch Dreskar [WH] - Harkus Ironforge [Engi] - Severys [BW] - Korvik Runecarver [RP]

Ads
RyanMakara

Re: Would it be possible to have all doors open?

Post#2 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:58 am

I'm pretty sure that if they could open them, they would have opened them. But I do agree, it'd be better than the shitty level teleporting. It'll be fixed in time, though. Patience is a virtue.

SetchDreskar

Post#3 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:01 am

Oh I know just curious, I wouldn't doubt that it is actually impossible to do but who knows, may as well ask about it.
"Ever boil a can of cola? Ever see what tries to crawl out of the saucepan?" - The Black Signal

Setch Dreskar [WH] - Harkus Ironforge [Engi] - Severys [BW] - Korvik Runecarver [RP]

Telen
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:32 pm

Doors in the game client are all set to closed to prevent hacking. The server needed to tell the client which doors could and couldnt be opened. Seems likely that each door had its own packet and I dont think the devs have these.

If the official game was still going you could just go in. Open a door and get the server code for that. Thats the problem with emulating a dead game. Alot will be missing and be very difficult to get to work as it used to. We may have to get used to some things having little hacks like this.

Fozee

Post#5 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:57 am

Doors could theoretically be made invisible when open if the project utilized client-side memory edits via the launcher. That's a pretty tall order though.