Recent Topics

Ads

T2 and T3 population [NA]

Let's talk about... everything else
Telen
Suspended

Re: T2 and T3 population [NA]

Post#11 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:08 pm

War never could sustain 4 tiers. It needed cutting down to 3 on live. Rats were a crap bandaid. Might aswell have gven everyone r40s and saved the grind.

Ads
wanna993

Post#12 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:41 pm

magter3001 wrote:NA population has between 350-450 players with close to 300 players playing either tier 1 or tier 4. Maybe look into why t1 is so popular and implement similar mechanics to the next two tiers?"

That's not really hard to figure out. t1 is popular because you can pretty much jump into it right off the bat. I make an alt and poof I can run straight into t1. t2-t3 require lvling which is a barrier to entry. t4 does too but since you eventually get there it ends up being like t1.

Some ideas on how to fix t2 and t3 for NA:
Implement a hidden aao for both sides. It only becomes active if there's less than a full wb. This would favor both sides during low pop and balance itself out when more ppl log on during peak EU. Current aao would be additive.

Have some kind of toggle for influence where it could funnel all or part of your influence gains to a faction. could be through an npc menu. So basically while fighting in empire, you active the toggle/npc thing and 50%/100% of your influence gains would go to dwarf or elf. So even if there's mostly fights in empire you can complete and get the rewards for other races.

A note about debolster. I'm not sure I understand the decision to cap the lvl to 8 for t1 since lvl 9 is when you get your influence rewards which are a huge boost (since there's the weapon). It would've been good to either lower those to 8 and make all the lvl 9 greens (which have helms and shoulders) to 10.

Scrilian

Post#13 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:45 pm

NA is mostly destro, another case solved, Sherlock. :D
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Nidwin

Post#14 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:54 pm

Keep T1 and T4 as it is but switch, at least T2 to RC mode if that's possible so low pop can still try to go for a keep take. Just to see if it helps a bit.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

deathiron

Post#15 » Thu May 19, 2016 3:09 pm

I play evenings NA and yes i can clearly see how empty zones are and i can only see actions in either T1 or T4. Which is understandable it is so easy and doesn't take time to get some toon to lvl 7 or so and T4 so new and existing.

It seems that server is improving and things are getting released and patched. What NA need is more players to make sure all tiers are busy. Most people that ever played Warhammer Online in NA don't even know about ROR existence. I came upon it by just searching for some Warhammer online graphics for my avatar. It can be similar to EU prime time just need for people to know.

All in all more people needs to know about this server and what it means and how tiers work etc. Two of my friends joined this server but i told them about it.
Mains
Deathbaron - BW
Deathhand - WH
Deathsickle - WE
Deathstalker - DOK

For Order or for Destro

magter3001

Post#16 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:20 pm

wanna993 wrote: A note about debolster. I'm not sure I understand the decision to cap the lvl to 8 for t1 since lvl 9 is when you get your influence rewards which are a huge boost (since there's the weapon). It would've been good to either lower those to 8 and make all the lvl 9 greens (which have helms and shoulders) to 10.

T1 is doing fine as is. As far as I'm concerned... we should try to convince t1 players to move on to t2, and eventually t3 instead of being stuck to t1. A more lenient requirement would just encourage t1 players to stay in their tier.
deathiron wrote: It seems that server is improving and things are getting released and patched. What NA need is more players to make sure all tiers are busy. Most people that ever played Warhammer Online in NA don't even know about ROR existence. I came upon it by just searching for some Warhammer online graphics for my avatar. It can be similar to EU prime time just need for people to know.

All in all more people needs to know about this server and what it means and how tiers work etc. Two of my friends joined this server but i told them about it.
More players would help but it isn't the core issue. T2 was still populated during NA before the keeps became bugged. We had 24 on 24 battles in the middle of the night on numerous nights. A lot of that died when the keeps bugged out and then of course the t4 release... but at the core of the problem is the current rvr system.

I really think the change to Renown gain should be reverted... the one where you can't out level your rank. It's not the main issue but it's one of many reasons why t2 and t3 are so unappealing. Capping progression in the lower tiers is a sure fire way to force people either to grind to 40 (skipping t2 and t3 altogether) or just play in t1 as you don't get capped as often as you do in the next tiers with keep rewards and all that.

When I tested debolster a few a weeks back (before the keep bugs) I was thoroughly rewarded for just killing players while having AAO on our side. I was quickly able to get my influence up in those zones and later found out that I could just straight up level up if I stayed in that tier, both renown and exp counted to my official level. The problem was that when there was no one around to kill (if you're zerging on your side or no one is on) then the experience as a debolster suffers greatly and you're left either logging out or respeccing to go back to the max tier.
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

deathiron

Post#17 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Well thanks for explaining all of them good points. Well i hope someone reads what you wrote. I really want this game to successed and have at least few k players every given hour on so at least there 2+ warbands in each tier.

When it comes to PVP mmo i found this game very rewarding and team oriented hence social in some sort
Mains
Deathbaron - BW
Deathhand - WH
Deathsickle - WE
Deathstalker - DOK

For Order or for Destro

randmtsk

Post#18 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:27 pm

Good points....I just recently stumbled on this server and my highest to on is 26....there is really no incentive to play in NA (I despise questing) so it is easier just to roll a new toon and go to t1 until "something" changes for t2 and t3.

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#19 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:30 pm

So enlighthen me, what is the problem here?

I mean, if its about the new rvr system, its said again and again how temporary it is, if its about how few people play from NA compared to EU, what do you expec devs to do? Force NA to play their game?

wanna993

Post#20 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:56 pm

magter3001 wrote: T1 is doing fine as is. As far as I'm concerned... we should try to convince t1 players to move on to t2, and eventually t3 instead of being stuck to t1. A more lenient requirement would just encourage t1 players to stay in their tier.
I know, my debolster comment was kinda off topic and directed at whomever made the decision. t2 is pretty lively atm with some of the bugs and issues of t4.

What about the influence idea? There's a thread about BO reward and I posted an idea there too about how to fix that.