Recent Topics

Ads

Kill Quest Nerfs and BO/Keep Nerfs

Let's talk about... everything else
reactor24

Re: Kill Quest Nerfs and BO/Keep Nerfs

Post#41 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:08 pm

szejoza wrote:So many retards in this topic (as in many others)
THIS
SYSTEM
IS
GODDAMN
TEMPORARY

go away and be back in 6 months, or a year, or never. There are plenty of people enjoying the game at it's current state
or if you have better idea, then set up your own server with your 'oh so great' ideas

And about sc's premade, I play order, two days ago we had a killing streak and in 4 hours we lost 2-3 scenarios, but yesterday we were the ones getting steamrolled and after a few tries we called it a day, destro was winning every sc we joined
Am I whining? No. Because this is how it works, one day you get kills, another you get killed. This is what makes game fun
Grow up and if you have nothing constructive to add to this discussion, then don't post.
Agostinah : Shadow Warrior | Dozo : Witch Hunter

"Show you the difference 'tween my gun and my pistol"

Ads
szejoza

Post#42 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:35 pm

I'm gonna post wherever I like
And I added plenty of contructiveness to the this 'blame devs/wtf why no medalions/inf/exp/rr for pve' topic

But to keep it normal without insults and jumping to each other throats here is my normal response:

You said 'More importantly though, these nerfs ruined open world RvR. It is completely dead in every tier, except the main empire/chaos zones where whichever faction has the numbers is simply camping the others war camp'
aaaand that is true, sadly. Part about zerg too, not gonna argue about that.
But guys, honestly, 3 weeks ago we had T3 with broken keeps, server cap at 1200 players, most people had full devastator set already and lots of unused medalions anyways, capped at R35/RR40, and what? There still was some action, constant roaming in zones, BO and keep takes (even tho most people didn't need the reward) just for the sake of fun.
Right now everyone is racing toward BIS gear to have an upper hand over opposing side, and after having a fun time farming anni gear and medalions their gear got wiped so it's normal they are pissed, I would be pissed too if I did that but luckily I was in a race for epic weapons and didn't spend much time capping zones.
About lower tiers - it's been always like that, after release of the new content lowest/mid tiers are empty, situation will balance itself to some degree after time but right now it will stay like this. And current playerbase ain't helping it, server is not ready yet to support 5k players online which could fill every tier (and every pairing).

And the rewards, as for me it is fine as it is but I guess some people need kind of a bait to get them going so a little bit of renown/exp/inf from BOs/keeps wouldn't hurt but it should be low enough to not be abusable (still, I'm against medalions for keep takes/zone flips, meds from kills are enough, but that's my opinion)

So well, we can't do much about current state as we are not able to change the mindset of the players. Therefore I'm putting my faith in whatever devs are preparing and I hope it will blow everybody minds
Spoiler:

Luicetarro

Post#43 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:44 pm

Tiggo wrote:
quda wrote:
szejoza wrote:So many retards in this topic (as in many others)
THIS
SYSTEM
IS
GODDAMN
TEMPORARY

go away and be back in 6 months, or a year, or never. There are plenty of people enjoying the game at it's current state
or if you have better idea, then set up your own server with your 'oh so great' ideas

And about sc's premade, I play order, two days ago we had a killing streak and in 4 hours we lost 2-3 scenarios, but yesterday we were the ones getting steamrolled and after a few tries we called it a day, destro was winning every sc we joined
Am I whining? No. Because this is how it works, one day you get kills, another you get killed. This is what makes game fun

Every system here is TEMPORARY. ITS NOT LIVE AND this sever will be forever alpha/beta....
true but is a different thing when dev say "this is a temporary bandaid system" or "this is the system which represents our vision of rvr"

you understand?
Devs are saying, it's temporary and they are working on a completely overhauled system.
Spread the word, go ahead.

wanna993

Post#44 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:07 pm

Wrote a wall of text before my browser crashed :(

Here's the idea I have that would address both camps:

Killing people gives you a stacking buff that gives no stat boosts. Capping a BO will gives you extra rewards based on the number of stacks you have. Stacks have a limit and are gained from your groups kills as long as you're in range (otherwise healers are gimped). Once capped the stacks go away. They have a timer limit and aren't lost upon death.

So lets say it goes to 20 max, and each stack gives 10 rr. You get 20 stacks go cap a BO and you'll get 200 rr.

This promotes killing people and still getting subsequent rewards from capping BOs. This also promotes going to another pairing if you want easy cap rewards after getting all your stacks which could thin the zerg and promote fights across maps.
It's a decent compromise to either pvdooring/empty Bos and just killing players with no BO reward at all.

It could be ironed out ofc (if you cap a BO and buffs goes away why stay for the cap tick? etc.). It's just a concept.

Rebuke

Post#45 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:12 pm

wanna993 wrote:Wrote a wall of text before my browser crashed :(

Here's the idea I have that would address both camps:

Killing people gives you a stacking buff that gives no stat boosts. Capping a BO will gives you extra rewards based on the number of stacks you have. Stacks have a limit and are gained from your groups kills as long as you're in range (otherwise healers are gimped). Once capped the stacks go away. They have a timer limit and aren't lost upon death.

So lets say it goes to 20 max, and each stack gives 10 rr. You get 20 stacks go cap a BO and you'll get 200 rr.

This promotes killing people and still getting subsequent rewards from capping BOs. This also promotes going to another pairing if you want easy cap rewards after getting all your stacks which could thin the zerg and promote fights across maps.
It's a decent compromise to either pvdooring/empty Bos and just killing players with no BO reward at all.

It could be ironed out ofc (if you cap a BO and buffs goes away why stay for the cap tick? etc.). It's just a concept.
That ... is actually not a bad idea? O.o