Recent Topics

Ads

Ruin Gear Wipe

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Eusebeus

Re: Ruin Gear Wipe

Post#51 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:46 pm

If GMs want to got after the players responsible for this, I can provide nice screenshots of people hanging out in the lava under the Dominion of Khaine PQ, as well as the whole group standing on the rock all day... sadly not allowed to name and shame here :(

I liked the idea of having these guys reset to Rank 1 with no renown...

Ads
boog

Post#52 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:46 pm

Can we get a break down of how exactly the contribution works?

I know when I solo'd mobs I got 20 points of contribution. Then a WL came and essentially only got the killing blow after I brought the mob down to 3% and then I only got 9.x points of contribution. Which would lead me to assume that just for landing the DB he got 11 points of contribution which seems ridiculous to me to get over 50% of the points just for landing the DB.
CHSN Wafulz | KBOB Wafuls | IB Waffulz | BG Waffelz | BO Waaaghfulz | SM Waffels

Vayra

Post#53 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:55 pm

New contribution system looks good so far. Now we just need more PQs to spread people out a bit.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Valfaros

Post#54 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:58 pm

I think it didn't worked on me

Scrilian

Post#55 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:59 pm

40+ order on a single Praag PQ constantly has now doubled, have a nice day :3
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Razielhell
Former Staff

Post#56 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:06 pm

If nalgol is behind this which i believe he is...dude i love you! And the whole RoR stuff! Keep testing it! :)
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

nalgol
Developer

Post#57 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:11 pm

na was aza this time i had some prep work done for it when i did the 1 version though so he didnt had to change to mutch on the whole roll mechnism

boog

Post#58 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:16 pm

It would seem this new system gives AoE classes an almost certain domination in contribution and leaves single target and healers in the dust. This is just an observation from the brief time we have been able to play with it though.
CHSN Wafulz | KBOB Wafuls | IB Waffulz | BG Waffelz | BO Waaaghfulz | SM Waffels

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#59 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:21 pm

boog wrote:It would seem this new system gives AoE classes an almost certain domination in contribution and leaves single target and healers in the dust. This is just an observation from the brief time we have been able to play with it though.
1. A quick fix is being deployed to give healers some contribution. The trouble lies in trying to find a way to distinguish between players whom are participating and players whom are just using a macro.

2. On the whole, the goal is just to prevent AFKers from getting rewards for literally no effort. Many core issues with the system overall will remain, and will be addressed in the future.

3. Arguably, most systems in this game give AoE classes almost certain domination. :P

th3gatekeeper

Post#60 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:23 pm

boog wrote:It would seem this new system gives AoE classes an almost certain domination in contribution and leaves single target and healers in the dust. This is just an observation from the brief time we have been able to play with it though.

Yeah I would suggesting making it more impactful for the top few players with a bigger drop later... Like +450 for the top 3. +300 for the next 3. +200 for the next. So on.

Also seems like healers get the shaft.... They should get a % contribution for any points an individual gets if they have been healed within X seconds or something... Just a thought. Might not be possible.

I still would really like to see some sort of "option" available to choose from. As I said. I did easily 40 or more of these, got 6 bags and got 3 chests and 3 gloves.... I was pretty upset each time. Just saying.

on a PLUS now because 30+ people do these instead of AFK they take like 3-5 mintes to do as opposed to taking 10-15 before.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard