Recent Topics

Ads

Dwarf names

Feel like burning like a bright wizard? Being as green as a gobbo? Robust like an Ironbreaker? Bloodthirsty like a witch elf? Feel free to speak as them here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Catweazle

Dwarf names

Post#1 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:59 am

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good source of dwarven names I've tried a lot but most names I try are taken.

Cheers,

Ads
Glorian

Re: Dwarf names

Post#2 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:21 pm

Look here:

http://fantasynamegenerators.com/viking ... uAUg0cerxI

or here:
http://babynames.net/all/old-norse

These are viking names, but most dwarf names are actually from that time period and viking names will fit perfectly.

Grimmrog

Post#3 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:49 am

YUKO

Post#4 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:30 am

Dwarf names are relatively easy, it's much harder to come up with decent HE/DE-names as they are way too often influenced by LotR or other elven themed fantasy names. I know only a few who have done so well.

Begin from a selected Norse name, then add a few letters that gives that tounge twisting experince, but keep it still simple and not too much complicated, unless you're playing with professional khazalid speakers. For example -- Hebrew and Armenian are very good sources if you want to appeal stronger role-playing sense and making the name sound gutteral, archaic and foreign.

Letters by example: 'Kh', 'Gur', 'Zu', 'Akar'.

Snorri - Gnurrek
Alrik - Alrakhar
Drengk - Dhringur

Glorian

Post#5 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:13 pm

Good stuff you two. And some dwarf told me recently that ALL dwarven names are taken. :)

Telen
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Cough some Phlegm up at the back of your throat. There that sound is your new dwarf name.

Grimmrog

Post#7 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:50 pm

Glorian wrote:Good stuff you two. And some dwarf told me recently that ALL dwarven names are taken. :)
just take some of the syllables and mix them new.

But it is sad that we cannot make Names in RoR with a single blank, having mutliple same first names would make sense. and that way we would have many names by the on string of mixing first and surenames.

YUKO

Post#8 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:57 pm

Glorian wrote:Good stuff you two. And some dwarf told me recently that ALL dwarven names are taken. :)
If they're all taken... I feel pity for them. :P

Ads