Recent Topics

Ads

Gauging interest in a potential 6v6 Ladder

Let's talk about... everything else
greenstoned

Re: Gauging interest in a potential 6v6 Ladder

Post#11 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:19 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:... so nobody is offended/trolling ....
made me laugh
AM - Greendreams
SW - Experiment

Ads
incredible

Post#12 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:36 pm

My guild would like to participate.

Guild: Try the Backdoor
Faction: Order
Leader: Nohomoz

Jaycub

Post#13 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:28 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:so what exact purpose would this ladder thing to basically

rank all the premades from "best to worst"?
I would assume there would be "seasons" that last a few months and the ladder would just be a race of sorts to achieve and hold as high a position as possible until it ends then everything would reset and start over to allow for a clean slate for new guilds or encourage guilds to try again.

It would be neat, and to the OP I think it would be awesome if you could do this. But I wouldn't bother until there is at least 10 active guilds participating on both sides. Also there should be separate brackets for NA and EU as I'm sure getting guilds from different timezones to play each other on a regular enough basis for a ladder would be a nightmare. You could always have the best EU and NA guilds fight each other at the end of a season/ladder best of 3 for bragging rights tho.

The biggest obstacle I see tho is there is probably no way to pull stats from the server like 3rd party sites do for csgo/dota etc... How exactly do you intend to verify wins and losses and set up "official" matches etc...?
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

bloodi
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:31 pm

This is a great idea but it will end up like every Fantasy Bracket or whatever you call it nowdays.

The ones who are losing, dont show up anymore. So its not like you need 10 per side, you will be having hell dropping some and getting new ones.

Its specially dire when you take into account that most people on this server play sporadically, i am sure thingss like this will keep them interested but this may be a gigantic waste of time for you and a great source of anger.

Caffeine

Post#15 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:49 pm

If there is a public API with SC scores there is probably no need for arranging leagues. In fact I think there are too few people on the competitive scene to get one going and even if you did it would be kinda shallow.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:53 pm

I can't honestly fathom how having some sort of league for the 6v6 scene can be seen as an epeen contest/shallow when the intent of it is to increase awareness/promote small-scale PvP; but to each their own.

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#17 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:07 am

FreddyNoNose wrote: So some kind of epeen contest?
The Rules wrote:* Don't be a Troll:
Deliberately posting non-constructive, inappropriate, or inflammatory comments in order to solicit a response or cause discord is not allowed
This is a player-run event with the goal of strengthening part of the community. If you don't want to take part, you don't have to participate, and that includes in this thread.

Gobtar

Post#18 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:32 am

I am interested, will talk to the guilds* I run with tonight.

*Jaycub knows what I am talking about :3

Ads
Euan
Suspended

Post#19 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:33 am

dboule post
Last edited by Euan on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

Euan
Suspended

Post#20 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:33 am

Genisaurus wrote:
FreddyNoNose wrote: So some kind of epeen contest?
The Rules wrote:* Don't be a Troll:
Deliberately posting non-constructive, inappropriate, or inflammatory comments in order to solicit a response or cause discord is not allowed
This is a player-run event with the goal of strengthening part of the community. If you don't want to take part, you don't have to participate, and that includes in this thread.
Lets not get to tight about a question please. I believe it is about epeens but not like that's a bad thing. This is the best idea peter has had in order to see the interest and possibly motivate more. On live a lot of people liked to spectate 1v1's or 6v6's. Gave more exposure and more people joined in.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.