Recent Topics

Ads

[BlOrc] Da Greenest and WAAAGH! suggestions

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Gobtar

Re: [BlOrc] Da Greenest and WAAAGH! suggestions

Post#11 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:14 pm

Azarael wrote:
Gobtar wrote:Single type resist buff/ debuff stack with General type resist buff/debuff. By making these changes you are actually losing alot of synergy with Chosen.
Incorrect per bugtracker.
Shouldn't they? I asked Geni the other day, and he said that single type resistance debuffs (wraith of Hoeth) stack with catch all resistance debuffs (Knight Aura/Heaven's blade), this was indeed the case on live...shouldn't the opposite be true.

I am confused, I made the ticket because I believed the above statement was true and I didn't see that reflected in the game.

Ads
Azarael

Post#12 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:24 pm

The interaction between Wrath of Hoeth and Heaven's Blade is an exception, for some reason. They didn't stack on RoR, but someone pointed out that they do stack in the paperdoll. Since the paperdoll stats are calculated by the client using the official stacking rules and the values in the buff packets, we accept what it says.

TenTonHammer

Post#13 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:32 pm

so...they dont stack with general type b/c thats how it works in RoR?

SO....if it fair to say then that this gives my suggestion more weight?

Penril

Post#14 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:36 pm

If we could only get the 1.4.9 Bellows/Enchantment part (because i am sure by now that we will never get the defensive pounce, too many haters in this forum even though the change was welcomed by almost everyone in the old Bioware forum).

From http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... 352#p13633 :

Swordmaster

Heaven's Blade - All your melee attacks gain a 25% chance to reduce all of your target's resists by VALUE0 and their armor by VALUE1 for 10 seconds. During this time, both you and your groupmates within 100 feet will benefit from the stolen resist and armor.

Phantom's Blade - All your melee attacks gain a 25% chance to reduce your target's wounds by VALUE0 for 10 seconds. During this time, both you and your groupmates within 100 feet will benefit from the stolen wounds. You and your groupmates will be healed by the amount increased.

Nature's Blade - All your melee attacks gain a 25% chance to randomly steal 160 stat points from targets within 30 feet of you for 10 seconds. During this time, both you and your groupmates within 100 feet will benefit from the stolen stats.

Black Orc

Da Greenest - All your melee attacks gain a 25% chance to reduce all of your target's resists by VALUE0 and their armor by VALUE1 for 10 seconds. During this time, both you and your groupmates within 100 feet will benefit from the stolen resist and armor.

Da Toughest! - All your melee attacks gain a 25% chance to reduce your target's wounds by VALUE0 for 10 seconds. During this time, both you and your groupmates within 100 feet will benefit from the stolen wounds. You and your groupmates will be healed by the amount increased.

Da Biggest! - All your melee attacks gain a 25% chance to randomly steal 160 stat points from targets within 30 feet of you for 10 seconds. During this time, both you and your groupmates within 100 feet will benefit from the stolen stats.

Gobtar

Post#15 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:41 pm

Azarael wrote:The interaction between Wrath of Hoeth and Heaven's Blade is an exception, for some reason. They didn't stack on RoR, but someone pointed out that they do stack in the paperdoll. Since the paperdoll stats are calculated by the client using the official stacking rules and the values in the buff packets, we accept what it says.

What did you think of my WAAAGH!!! suggestion?

Would making the Greenest be an exception to make it a viable bellow be feasible, balance wise, considering you have to hit the BlOrk to trigger it.

@Tentonhammer: yeah it would appear I overestimated the usefulness of The Greenest, not only that but I believe Biggest buffs are blessings, like majority of Blork buffs, so that further ensures the resistance buff from the zealot doesn't get peeled off.

@Penril, I like those suggestion very much, I think they make the BO more feasible as a solo tank for a group rather than needing a Chosen for counterplay

Penril

Post#16 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:43 pm

More on this: I specially liked the Wounds buff. I tested it on the patch server and it healed for a very decent amount. Now, why did i like it?

All classes have a DPS spec, sorta (yes some are better than others, like Dok/AM>WP for example). So sometimes you join a SC and, if there are no DPS in your group, you can swap a few tactics/gear and try DPS (i have used Focused Offense sometimes, when there are like 6 tanks and 5 healers in my group). But what happens when there are no healers in your side? There are no "heal specs" for Tanks or DPS classes (except for keg engie, to a small extent... yeah it cant replace a true healer, but is way better than nothing).

I think BO/SM could do something similar to keg engies. They already have some tactics/skills that could help with this (Blessing of Heaven, Bolstering Enchantments, You got nothing). If these skills got a tiny, little buff, and were combined with the proposed 1.4.9 changes to Da Toughest/Phantom's Blade, these tanks could fill the role of semi-healer (or 1/5th of a healer, you know what i meant).

I was toying with the idea of something similar with Tanking (i.e. give one or two dps classes a "tank" spec, giving them one or 2 skills that helped mitigate any damage their groupmates took). But that is a discussion for a different thread.

Gobtar

Post#17 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:01 pm

Another reason I like this implementation would add incentive to stance dancing. Plays into the Orc constant need to bash things etc.