Recent Topics

Ads

[DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Armor Set Redesigns

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Gobtar

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Armor Set Redesigns

Post#21 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:14 pm

Will there be any adjustments to the consignment sets? Just curious

Ads
BrosephStylin

Post#22 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:17 pm

Okay, maybe I'm reading this wrong, but you're changing devastator to heal spec? Which means I can't actually use it effectively with my grace spec now. Which means I have to grind up those emblems for the strength gear. This is kinda lame.

Scrilian

Post#23 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:17 pm

Bignusty wrote:
Scrilian wrote:Somehow I strongly feel negative on the side of Soldier Emblems and not Medallions. Its like 1k Emblems for 3 weapons and now 500 more for gear. :cry:
Where is the problem ? I have already all weapons from vendor and atm i have 1k+ emblem ... The grind is easy do more scenario instead of rvR ...
Couldn't they cost a bit of both emblems and medalions? Otherwise t3 zones are gona be empty for a few weeks :?
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#24 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:17 pm

First of all, wow, thanks for putting so much work into this. A few questions, though.
Genisaurus wrote:new PvP sets for each tier. They will be bought with scenario emblems
Why scenario currency and not orvr currency? You can already get the best weapons with scenario currency, this would seem a bit unfair to people who do not play scenarios.
I only see tank gear there, or am I missing something? And if I'm reading this right 2H dps tanks that worked to get devastator gear are kind of screwed now? That makes me sad :(

TenTonHammer

Post#25 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:19 pm

TbT i agree i dont understand why we have this muti currency system or who even aked for it.

If im a player who only likes orvr but i want an sc weapon so that i can be BiS and competitive in rvr then im forced to play a 100 or so matches in a part of the game mode i dont like.

We should have gone the unified currency route

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#26 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:20 pm

Nameless wrote:make a single currency and that wont be problem any more
I would be more amenable to a merchant that lets you exchange whole pieces of gear. The problem with having a single currency is determining, "How much effort is a keep take, compared to a scenario?" The former scales in level-of-effort much more wildly than the latter. But how do you measure that difficulty? Number of players? Number of doors that need to go down? Presence of other siege weapons?

Is it possible? Sure. Is that a problem we want to tackle right now? Not really.
magicthighs wrote:I only see tank gear there, or am I missing something? And if I'm reading this right 2H dps tanks that worked to get devastator gear are kind of screwed now? That makes me sad :(
There are tabs on the bottom. Each class has it's own tab.
TenTonHammer wrote:If im a player who only likes orvr but i want an sc weapon so that i can be BiS and competitive in rvr then im forced to play a 100 or so matches in a part of the game mode i dont like.
Alternatively, the influence weapons could be brought up to par with the scenario weapons. For starters, they used to have procs, which helped, but the packet sniffer lost them. Those will come back eventually.
Last edited by Genisaurus on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lator

Post#27 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:20 pm

Why change some sets around? For example DoK devastator is melee right now. I don't think people who have slotted purple +str or +ws are gonna be happy about changing talis around considering the shortage and inflated prices already as it is. Also T3 overall balance is gonna be affected by this change quite a lot when some sets are swapped around to favor different specs.
R35RR40 Chosen
R35RR40 Disciple
R35RR40 Marauder
R35RR40 Sorcerer

BrosephStylin

Post#28 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:24 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
Nameless wrote:make a single currency and that wont be problem any more
I would be more amenable to a merchant that lets you exchange whole pieces of gear. The problem with having a single currency is determining, "How much effort is a keep take, compared to a scenario?" The former scales in level-of-effort much more wildly than the latter. But how do you measure that difficulty? Number of players? Number of doors that need to go down? Presence of other siege weapons?

Is it possible? Sure. Is that a problem we want to tackle right now? Not really.
magicthighs wrote:I only see tank gear there, or am I missing something? And if I'm reading this right 2H dps tanks that worked to get devastator gear are kind of screwed now? That makes me sad :(
Yes, please have a gear exchange merchant. I want to get rid of my dev set after this because it is not my spec, and I need duelist.

Ads
magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#29 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:25 pm

Genisaurus wrote:

Ah thanks, I'm an idiot ;)

Edit: that new BW dev set is great ;D
Last edited by magicthighs on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rmpl

Post#30 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:26 pm

Will those changes to devastator be retroactive?