Recent Topics

Ads

Slightly more dangerous tanks

For proposals that have been rejected.
Tobias26

Slightly more dangerous tanks

Post#1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:03 am

Hello everyone. I play at chosen with full vanq and 70 rr and kotbs with full vanq and 68 rr. During my game, I often notice that the enemy can simply ignore enemy tanks, which do not actually pose a serious danger. For example, a typical game situation - a dangerous opponent (WE, for example) attacks an ally, there are no allies around anymore, and WE just give a detaunt to the tank, calmly killing his ally. Well, its good if the ally is in the same group with the tank, and if not? Guard cannot be given, and the tank actually can do nothing in this situation... Tank is not a danger for any healer, because a simple detaunt, and the tank won't even make a healer to spend time and resources on healing itself. The tank has control, but the allies often give the opponents free immunities that reduce the efficiency of the tank to zero. I understand that the main task of the tank - guard of the allies, but there are many situations and things don't always go according to plan. In this regard, I propose the following:
1. Maybe add to tanks a new tactic: reduces the cooldown of taunt for x seconds (5, for example, like redeye set, and maybe with reduce taunt debuff duration for the same time) and makes the tank immune to detaunts (from other tanks, healers, etc.). This won't be a great up - it requires a tactics slot, and in different situations tank can find more useful tactics. This tactic will make it impossible to reduce the already small damage to the tank, as well as allow the tank to interrupt the spell casting by the enemy more often.
2. Maybe remove tanks knockdowns from mastrery abilities and move it to core abilities (like choppa).
3. Maybe remove armor penalty from Focused offence tactic.

Please note - I'm not suggesting seriously increasing the damage done by tanks. I only propose to make them more unpleasant and dangerous for the enemy, which will not allow to ignore the tank and force the enemy to attack him, not his allies, which is the purpose of the tank.
Thanks for your attention.
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Slightly more dangerous tanks

Post#2 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:04 pm

Tobias26 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:03 am Hello everyone. I play at chosen with full vanq and 70 rr and kotbs with full vanq and 68 rr. During my game, I often notice that the enemy can simply ignore enemy tanks, which do not actually pose a serious danger. For example, a typical game situation - a dangerous opponent (WE, for example) attacks an ally, there are no allies around anymore, and WE just give a detaunt to the tank, calmly killing his ally. Well, its good if the ally is in the same group with the tank, and if not? Guard cannot be given, and the tank actually can do nothing in this situation... Tank is not a danger for any healer, because a simple detaunt, and the tank won't even make a healer to spend time and resources on healing itself. The tank has control, but the allies often give the opponents free immunities that reduce the efficiency of the tank to zero. I understand that the main task of the tank - guard of the allies, but there are many situations and things don't always go according to plan. In this regard, I propose the following:
1. Maybe add to tanks a new tactic: reduces the cooldown of taunt for x seconds (5, for example, like redeye set, and maybe with reduce taunt debuff duration for the same time) and makes the tank immune to detaunts (from other tanks, healers, etc.). This won't be a great up - it requires a tactics slot, and in different situations tank can find more useful tactics. This tactic will make it impossible to reduce the already small damage to the tank, as well as allow the tank to interrupt the spell casting by the enemy more often.
2. Maybe remove tanks knockdowns from mastrery abilities and move it to core abilities (like choppa).
3. Maybe remove armor penalty from Focused offence tactic.

Please note - I'm not suggesting seriously increasing the damage done by tanks. I only propose to make them more unpleasant and dangerous for the enemy, which will not allow to ignore the tank and force the enemy to attack him, not his allies, which is the purpose of the tank.
Thanks for your attention.
This proposal is predicated on the erroneous belief that all tanks are in need of a blanket buff to damage; this is simply not the case, and although KOBS and Chosen damage could most definitely do with some love, the other tanks (SM/IB/BO/BG) are capable of dealing damage that can range from sufficient to very high (should the player spec/gear accordingly).

Prefixing each of your 'suggestions' with 'maybe' doesn't exactly give off an aura of confidence either, and says to me that you haven't really thought this out, nor considered how this would work thoroughly.

If you are dead set on allowing KOBS/Chosen to function as offensive tanks, then I would suggest you go back to the drawing board and conjure up a concise & clear proposal that would also take into account the utility/buffs/tankiness they bring (particularly KOBS).

Declining.