Recent Topics

Ads

[White Lion] Furious Mending tactic

For proposals that have been rejected.
Dallas2288

[White Lion] Furious Mending tactic

Post#1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:08 pm

K?

Declined for clearly just being a whine.

I stated the issue and I suggested two solutions.

Why such a snarky reply Dan? At which part of my original post did I whine?

Don't be such an ass, it's very unbecoming of you.
Image Garygygax-BG

Ads
dansari

Re: [White Lion] Furious Mending tactic

Post#2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:15 pm

Dallas2288 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:08 pm This tactic provides far too much survivability (240 permanent HoT to both WL and pet) for a minimal investment (4 mastery points).
Does it? Why does it? In what context? Did you get 1v1'd by a WL, or did you see them in a 6man scenario and think "man that 240hp every 5s is unbeatable?"

I believe this tactic would be more in line if its heal value were to be reduced to 120, or by increasing its cost to a 12 mastery point tactic in a tree other than Guardian.
It was already 120 before and it was completely unused. 120hp is 1400 every minute, which is like 1/6 of a Guardian WL hp pool.

This tactic is out of line with the rest of the game. I feel any class in game would be OP with this same tactic as it stands now. Imagine this tactic on a BG or a magus or anything for that matter.
Is it? What a thought-provoking concept. So, you would agree that something like Monstro proc is completely unacceptable, then, yes? Seeing as Monstro proc requires no tactic slot and no investment, heals for much more than Furious Mending, plus gives you the added benefit of 100% armor pen ignore, you also want to see a proposal nuking the hell out of that passive too and making it unused, right?

And yeah I already know all about " kill the pet first " . Too bad it has a 15 sec recast. Killing the pet 1st won't help.
Pet is like 90% of Guardian WL damage, and Guardian WL is pretty much rendered incapacitated in most situations outside of less than three players a piece (where it is incredibly strong and borderline broken).

If you'd like to have a rational discussion on Furious Mending, we can certainly do that (does it belong at 3pt, should it be decreased, etc). But when you make a proposal that just screams "I lost 1v1 to a WL on my BG" and then come to the balance forums to make it your personal complaining ground, forgive me if I respond in a way that you find "unbecoming." Perhaps if you level one of your rank 15 WLs out of t1 you could have a more informed view on the tactic and the class as a whole, and I would come off as less of an ass from the start.
<Salt Factory>