Recent Topics

Ads

Speed buffs everywhere

For proposals that have been rejected.
Koha

Speed buffs everywhere

Post#1 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:20 am

i wanted to share my thoughts and rely on the community and devs to appreciate if any change is needed regarding the numerous speed buffs in game, mostly in new content.

I feel like movement speed buffs are given to too many classes :
Tanks Subjugator 2H proc
Dok/WP/SH new 15 pts abilities
BG new “stun and run”
Choppas pull
SW channeled assault ability
Gobbos... well this should be their thing, no?

It is to say that these speed buffs are better than charge = no cooldown and do not fade if an ability is used.

Whenever I play WE/WH or AM I feel like I’m half speed of anyone. Even classes with charges but no pull ability feel stucked in the glue like the slayer. Having Hussein Bolts tanks running around everywhere.

I’ll try few suggestions:
1. Give speed procs to MDPS weapons ? At least slow ones = WE/WH, slayer, marau
2. Tune down or remove ‘’new’’ speed buffs ?
3. Make speed buffs like charge = goes back to normal speed when an ability is used.

My 2 cents
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Speed buffs everywhere

Post#2 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:38 am

Difference is subjugator requires a weapon, and is dependent on rng...not as useful as an on-demand charge when pursuing a target.

dansari

Re: Speed buffs everywhere

Post#3 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:49 pm

While I am a big proponent of fixing the mobility imbalance that exists, the proposal you've submitted won't spark a meaningful conversation. For one, balance proposals don't take into account gear. For two, "tone down or remove new speed buffs" is super vague, and will just lead to pissing matches. Going to decline, but if you submit a proposal saying that X should be changed by doing Y and/or Z, and it would be a good change by comparison to A and B, then we can talk.
<Salt Factory>