Recent Topics

Ads

Bring back the back pvp!

For proposals that have been rejected.
Raggaz

Bring back the back pvp!

Post#1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:09 pm

The intention of the current system is to give the underdog a chance and to break up blobbing together. That is fine there is nothing wrong with that, but it creates a problem. To take a zone you need advantageous numbers spread out over an area, now that is how zones are taken. The zerg still wins it just wins in a different way, it gives the underdog further disadvantage. The zerg will always win, there is nothing wrong with that but better options can happen.

I understand all these functions may have been added at a time for a reason, but now they take away from what used to be great.

I understand the manpower behind this project is limited. Maybe the idea proposed would take an incredibily long time. I dont know. To me some of it would seem fairly easy. I have no idea how the proposal underminds anything that already exists.

I am not flaming,whining,bitching, ect,ect,ect. Its feedback.

Current game concerns.

Where have the Pvp gone?
Where have the Pvp gone?

Too much sitting around/doing nothing. The fact is you can take a Zone withouth even being in a fight. This imo is terrible, how can it even exist? The whole game is about pvp and we sometimes fight very few people or just get annihilated by them.

BOs shouldnt be idle things you sit on for afk leech. BOs shouldnt be left unguarded, without consequences. BOs should help towards victory. BOs should be where fighting is, contributing to resource/rr/inf/xp gains. And for keep/zone lock.

Where does it all start?
All about the BOs.

BOs in their current state are very basic. They provide reward for doing nothing and being afk. They spread out the population and give little indication on where to be or what to do. Its very haphazard and indirect.

I am a long time fan of this game, before this server. Since these recent changes with the lord, the game has become stale for me. This was my main game for many years.
I have not been in t2+ for weeks, ever since the stop to lord tweaking. But now it seems a zone basicaly comes down to a siege battle. Each realm usually sits on 2 BOs until they can ram. Sometimes they have all 4 BOs and ram quickly.

T1 has also become this way. 2 zones are initially open and both realms sit in different zones(the majority). A good t1 fight happens when its down to 1 zone and 1 BO. Which only lasts at best 10 minutes, before the lesser side gives up.
Most of us just play to fight. Like fest in nordland, I think most of us could do that for hours, just somewhere to fight this is PvP and it has slowly been taken away.

Best RvR experience.

On one of the recent attempts tweaking lord, there was a massive battle in Highpass. All desto/order were mashed together trying to defend different objectives at the sametime. It was one of the immensive massive battles Id have seen in a long time.
Since then those times have been rare. WBs almost avoid each other or look just for others to gank.

Im sure there are things Im forgetting or leaving out, wording in a way that isnt clear. This system needs to be understood in its effectiveness, it works in a simple/complex way. It adds to interaction/zone advancement. It rewards progress with the enemy. IT MAKES FIGHTING NECESSARY.
PvP has taken a backseat, I would like to see more fighting. I dont care how its done, BOs can play a major role. Sitting around idle, doing nothing. This is hardly pvp anymore.

Ok. So. Whats. The. Plan?
How it all work.

BOs behaving like PQs with pvp functions.
BOs have rules and guidelines that determine zone progress.

BOs have different timers that help/prevent locks.
BO system works with current game design.

Ways to lock.

Capture times.
Auto lock timer.
Draw lock.
Retake timer lock.
Retake lock.
All BOs have an Area of effect(aoe) that influences interactions.
Area of Effect of BOs(aoe). Each BO aoe is 500,1000ft.

Breakdown.

BO basics.
First capture any open BO. (An open BO is green
To capture a BO right click on any open BO. Capture time is 15/30 seconds.
T1/15 seconds/T2+ 30 seconds.
Retake BO. Right click on any captured BO.
Retake time. 5/10 seconds based on BO state.

Once a BO has been captured, 4 additional timers start.
These countdown timers are time until BO locks.
Auto lock timer. (5minutes,(without aoe of BO
Draw lock. (35 uninterruptible minutes.
Retake timer. (5 uninterruptible minutes
Retake lock. (instant

BO lock rules.
Once a BO has been captured for 5 minutes with no enemy, BO auto locks.
(Aoe of BO prevents lockdown timer, when enemy in aoe of BO.
If enough time passes with no retakes, draw timer will lock BO for realm in control.
A BO can be retaken 4 times, on the 5th a 5 minute non interruptable timer starts.
If team remains in control for 5 consecutive minutes BO locks for them.
Once a BO has been retaken 5 times, retake time increases 5 seconds.
On 7th BO retake, BO instant lock for realm captured.

Ways BO lock.

Auto lock timer.
Once a BO has been captured and opponent hasnt engaged BO in 5 minutes. It locks, for captured realm. Aoe of BO. If an enemy enters aoe of BO, 5 min lockdown timer stops counting down.(this adds to continued fighting

Draw lock.
Once a BO has been captured a non interruptable lockdown timer starts, 35 minutes.
If realm has remained control of BO for 35 minutes it locks for them.
(Retaking BO resets both auto/draw lock timers.

Retake timer.
When a captured BO has been retaken, a 5 limit counter starts.
Once a BO has been retaken 5 times, a 5 minute non interutable lockdown timer starts.
If side who retook BO, remains in control at end of 5 minutes it locks.
This applies on 6th retake. Retake times increases 5 seconds on 5th retake.

Retake lock.
Once BO has been retaken the 7th time. BO automatically locks for captured realm.
(Retaking BOs do not reset retake timers.

There is a lot here that can be said. This may all be ignored, so unless something comes up it will remain in theory.

Population control.

Greatest fights in the game happen when its down to 1 place, 1 zone, 1 BO, 1 area. Everyone knows where to be, everyone knows its on. This helps finding limited number of players are on, they wont be spread out over 4 different places. Additional BOs/+zones will open with enough players.

Amount of BOs open based on zone population.
Population zone check every 10minutes.
BOs open in 15 minutes for capture after zone opens.

T4/ Amount of players.
0 - 55 players = 1 BO open.
56 - 75 players = 2 BOs open.
76 - 95 players = 3 BOs open.
96 - 110 players = 4 BOs open.
111+ players An additional T2 zone opens for capture.
1 additional BO opens every 20 players from 111, plus additonal zone unlocks.

T1/ Amount of players
0 - 15 players. 1 BO open.
16 - 30 players. 2 BOs open.
31 - 45 players. 3 BOs open.
46 - 55. 4 BOs open.
56+ ,addiontional zone opens for capture + 1 BO.
1 additional BO for every 15 players past 46, plus additonal zone unlocks.

Advanced BOs.
How it all works. Rules.

BOs are uncapturable when a zone first opens, in 15 minutes they open for capture.
(fighting can still occur,positioning,ganking,ect. Just not BO capture.
When a zone unlocks. The number of BOs open is determined by population size.
Each BO is given a random 1-4 number(that is hidden. BOs open in this hidden 1-4 sequence.
Once a BO has been locked the next BO in the sequence opens for capture.
BOs stay locked until all BOs in the zone are locked.
Once all 4 BOs have been locked there is a 5 minute lock period, BOs then reset with a random number.

Locked BOs work as controlled BOs do, heal lord/door,teleport, ect.
Each BO lock gives 1/2 star. This resource does not deplete overtime,(except by teleport/other,current.
When within aoe of BO(fighting,capturing,retakes,draw,locks/BOs. Give condictions xp/rr/inf.
Ram spawn is 2 stars, to ensure BO interaction.

Even more can be said about these functions and their design. But it seems like this is becoming some kind of pve BOfest game. Im not hating on it. I am very discouraged as how the way it has went, compared to the true aspect of pvp.

Presented everything in the most direct way without giving too much detail.

There is a lot of variations that can be described from this. If there are questions, quote me in someway.
Would love to see more engagement with fighting. I dont care if it is 400aao.
This has become too idle, doing nothing, no direction.
A lot of things can be done to bring back simple fighting.

Everyone wants to be a part of this, everyone has ideas/suggestions. Maybe some could change the game in very good ways.
More pvp would help.

TL;DR TL;DR.

TL;DR.
All below described above.

BOs display timers, indicating different functions.
retakes, draw/autolock timer, lockdown/resets.
BOs have an Area of effect(aoe) that influences interactions.
Area of Effect of BOs(aoe). Each BO aoe is 500,1000ft.

number of BOs open based on population.
Battles eventually coming down to 1/2 BOs, even based on high number of players.
Low population, battle over limited number of BOs at a time.
More interaction based on limited number of BOs being open with population size.
faster zone takes or longer zone takes. Based on population sizes.
BOs locking. Allows realm to advance to next BO/zone. This also makes the opposition to defend these or they will lose.

4 different ways BOs lock.
Ways to prevent BO locks or make it quicker.
Different BO criterias for locking. auto/drawlock, retake/lock.
Locked BOs provide resources needed for zone lock.
Locked BOs needed for keep progression.
Controlled BOs work like locked BOs.(Heal lord/door/teleport, ect.
Aoe of BOs offer various roles in participation.
BOs are opened for capture in random number of sequences.
Each BO indicate their specifics lock/timers.
(auto/drawlock,retake/lock.
Countless ways zones can play out and battles can emerge.

Not hating on this in anyway, most of it comes from frustration/anger, because how its all became about the separation. We play this not for the separation we play this for the fighting. What is in place is great, but it needs to be changed in someways.
Atleast having to fight for BOs or something, would gives us things to fight. We just stand around lost.

And if your pug its twice as worse. Its too difficult on where to be and what to do
Giving BOs rules and regulations could alter the game in many ways. I think its about the only way to change the game in some way. How that is done I dont care, but there are ways. Make us have to fight for a BO, thats atleast a start.

Ads
dansari

Re: Bring back the back pvp!

Post#2 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:37 am

Not related to balance
<Salt Factory>