Recent Topics

Ads

Single target RP dps

For proposals that have been rejected.
Maeryk

Single target RP dps

Post#1 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:50 am

So, I've been trying to figure a way to spec outside of the cookie cutter rune of battle build. And I've hit a wall, mostly because the damage of single target RP spells is not worth the cast times or frankly, the mastery points.

Problems:
-RP share the same damage type as BW, as such I would say 80% of destro will have this resist maxed already. This cuts the already lackluster damage in half.

-Must remain stationary for the casts : For rune of fortune / rune of burning (I will go ahead and say these do the most damage per cast outside of aoe spells) you have to remain stationary, for 2+ seconds at a time. This, while not bad by itself, combined with the previous problem results in minimal return for placing yourself in a precarious position. Even with 950+ intelligence, spells will still hit for 250 damage on a 2 second cast.

-RP Skills, as is, are just weaker versions of AM spells. Searing touch = rune of burning, balance essence = rune of fortune, rune of battle = dissipating energies. The dot's are mostly identical as well, except a longer cooldown for rp's siphon dot.

Solutions:
Honestly, it would be tough to rework everything. A little tweak to the spells to make them unique would be amazing. Rune of burning in additions to it's normal damage, apply a small quick ticking dot. Rune of fortune could, in additions to it's lifetap, could increase healing taken on your defensive target.
But, if I were to pick one thing to change instead of messing around with all the skills, I think it might be better to place a secondary buff on Rune of Breaking. This could be something along the lines of ignoring 20% of resists, or changing the damage type to something less stacked such as corp / spirit.

Always open to input, thanks for reading. I will admit I'm not a pro player, there is possibility for user error. So if anyone has seen success with numbers that can make it worth giving up all the healing, please feel free to share.

Ads
dansari

Re: Single target RP dps

Post#2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:34 pm

Going to decline. I agree dps RP is in a poor state, so if you'd like to rewrite with a bit more focus on your solutions we can consider it again.
<Salt Factory>