Recent Topics

Ads

[Squig Herder] Summoning Pet on Move. [Close Date 3rd June]

For proposals that have been rejected.
catholicism198

Re: [Squig Herder] Summoning Pet on Move. [Close Date 3rd June]

Post#11 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:51 pm

dansari wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:41 pm The trade with WL is that the WL only has one pet, with a 15s cooldown, whereas the herder can spawn a new pet immediately. I personally don't see why this should be changed for the reasons stated, given that it's an alpha and ideally pets wouldn't despawn on zone entry. Herders are already the most mobile rdps.
But the WL pet doesn't die in two hits or to aoe.

Ads
Knowthyself
Game Artist

Post#12 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:21 pm

dansari wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:41 pm The trade with WL is that the WL only has one pet, with a 15s cooldown, whereas the herder can spawn a new pet immediately. I personally don't see why this should be changed for the reasons stated, given that it's an alpha and ideally pets wouldn't despawn on zone entry. Herders are already the most mobile rdps.
Well, first of all I didn't propose this as a trade with WL, I just gave WL mechanic as an example. Secondly, I stated pet disappearence after zone changes as one of the problems that needs to be dealt with and in current situation I dont see any other way to make it oke for SHs (I am also oke with instant summoning pets after porting if it is doable but I have doubts). I am surprised to see that you are missing the point that all those pets give you different buffs for different situations, for instance you have to use gas squig if you are speced melee or you would be dead in seconds since you are lacking the supposed armor buff. I dont think having 4 of them really helps here. In addition, two of those squigs are not ranged which makes them useless even in a 6vs6 since they are dead already before they reach your target. The issue here is the point that you have to stand still for 2 seconds to summon your pet which dies like a fly in battlefield and if you dont have a pet then you cant use a good portion of the abilities that makes SH the most mobile rdps as you pointed.. Plus I think Pets should have been considered as SH's stance mechanic in the first place since all the buffs that SW gets through its stances are tied up to pet in SH's case. What we have to consider here is that Pet accounts a great deal of SH's dmg as well as some of the curicial abilities tied up to it and in the current situation with no aoe heal SHs just loose %25 of their damage in the battlefield as well as the use of the survibility abilities like run away and disarm. Finally, being have to summon a new one on 2 second cast during which you have to stand is like being KDed for 2 seconds and the duration is extended if you have even only one player attacking to you. I think this is an issiue worth to discuss and I don't really think making it possible to summon the pet on move would have any effects for other players at all but it would improve the gameplay for SHs.
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

diedrake

Post#13 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:44 pm

And the SH is countered by the most anti kite class in the game... The WL.

But seriously, even if the sh pets are cast on the move (keep the 2 sec cast) a wl on them, the sh is toast anyway.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

dansari

Post#14 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:46 pm

Knowthyself wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:21 pm
Well, first of all I didn't propose this as a trade with WL, I just gave WL mechanic as an example.
Right, you proposed for it to be changed to the way WL can summon pet. I presented the argument that the reason WL can summon on the move is because they have one pet on a 15s cooldown. Just because you think only 1 of the pets is useful doesn't negate the fact that you have multiple to spawn immediately.

To me it seems more appropriate to tie the proposal to I Got Lots
<Salt Factory>

dansari

Post#15 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:48 pm

diedrake wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:44 pm
And the SH is countered by the most anti kite class in the game... The WL.

But seriously, even if the sh pets are cast on the move (keep the 2 sec cast) a wl on them, the sh is toast anyway.
In competent play where you have tanks and heals supporting you, or in 1v1 roaming?
<Salt Factory>

Tesq

Post#16 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:17 pm

well it can be said that wl only have a melee playstyle while squig have 3x:

-melee
-medium range
-long range

and i dont think squig do more dmg than a sw in range stance or than a wl in melee stace enough to justify a static cast time of 2 sec for resummon the pet; if other classes can

a) always keep their dps intact while moving -->sw
B) summon pet while moving cuz are melee -->wl

then i dont see the reason why squig should be forced to stay still for 2 sec, other classes dont so why squig should?

what trade it has in return? i dont see any the base tooltips are lower becose pet should bring em in line with sw and melee squig is gona be out with client controll....

about that does even player can summon pet while ins quig armor? it feel like while summon should just swap to 2 sec on the move cast time

Knowthyself
Game Artist

Post#17 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:18 pm

dansari wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:46 pm
Well, first of all I didn't propose this as a trade with WL, I just gave WL mechanic as an example.
Right, you proposed for it to be changed to the way WL can summon pet. I presented the argument that the reason WL can summon on the move is because they have one pet on a 15s cooldown. Just because you think only 1 of the pets is useful doesn't negate the fact that you have multiple to spawn immediately.

It is not as "immidiately" as you think since it has 2 seconds cast time which is interrupted painfully if you are under attack. Plus if we are to compare WL and SH in that sense then I have to remind you that WL doesn't loose the stats and buffs granted by pet stances when the lion dies and I have to remind you also that WL pet has more survivibility then SHs since it has a speed buff and an ability to heal it and also SH pets have 30 seconds cooldown + 55AP cost which I have always found ridiculous . I am not going to even mention about the incredible dmg WL pet can cause compared to SH and all the whining about the class being OP. Finally, asking SHs to spend a tactic slot for this issue is just a sign of lack of knowledge about the current situation of the class since you already have to make sacrifices to even slot a crucial tactic like run away since with the removal of M2 now you have to slot 2 stat tactics to have some dmg.
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#18 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 pm

Spoiler:
dansari wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:46 pm

White lion pet give them some huge advantages like 50% more critical damage, the pet speed in squig herder pets are not comparable at all with the White lion pet (i understand this in range ones, but why the melee ones don't run at the white lion pet speed? no reasons)

Can't compare the damage Squig herder pet is doing with white lions ones, there is only one Squig herder pet which grants him autoattack in the movement and that one is the one which it is in cooldown for 30 seconds... not 15 like white lion one, which is casted in 1 second and on the move, not 2 seconds and stoped.

I think you don't have a Squig herder level 40, instead i seen you talking about Squig herders since 2 or even 3 years ago, i don't expect any balance favour from you, but at least make sense and look at the damage and the burst the SH pet has and what gives to the owner... don't even give you stats like Shadow warrior stances, for the love of god.

Current Squig herder pets are like crap, after tons of nerfs...

I suggest you to make one thing, make a level 40 Squig herder pet and make that pet fight 1vs1 against a White lion pet witouth any assist from players just a pet vs pet fight... you can test it with all of them, range and melee ones will die before down the white lion pet a 10%, and this works from a 6vs6 perspective too... the white lion pet will die fast, but the Squig herder pet will simply depop in first 3 hits.

Maybe that put you in perspective with the power of white lion pet and the squig herder ones
Whining and weird, irrelevant, hypothetical scenarios - Dan
Last edited by Lektroluv on Sun May 20, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Athergic

Post#19 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:39 pm

diedrake wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 pm Changing the summon to on the move is fine, its really more of a quality of life change rather then a "buff". Never really understood why the summon was never on the move to begin with.

Lol hey matrix, you still stabbity mc stab stab squiggy?
Changing it to on the move is fine, I was just trying to provide an argument as to why it shouldn't be changed at all. So it's not a one sided we all think it's okay thing I guess lol. And yeah I do :)
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

dansari

Post#20 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:42 pm

We're not comparing WL and SH. We're comparing the method in which they spawn pets.

The WL pet has a speed buff? You mean with Speed Training tactic slotted?

So, your argument is that the WL has committed to a tactic slot (or two, considering Furious Mending) to keep their pet alive, but you shouldn't have to commit to a tactic slot to be able to respawn them quickly (even though it's relatively easy to take care of a spiked squig) because you need other tactics to both deal damage and enable hyperspeed? To the casual observer it seems like you're simply whining about wanting free stuff. In my mind, if it was tied to I Got Lots you would need to make a choice: would you take the trade to spawn your spiked squig on the move immediately after it dies if it meant having to play the game like most everyone else does: in normal speed?
<Salt Factory>