Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] Wear em down

For proposals that have been rejected.
Panzerkasper

[Choppa] Wear em down

Post#1 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:57 pm

The Ability:

Wear em down is a tactic placed on 7 points in the middle tree Path of Da Hitta: "Your exhaustive blows have a 50% chance of returning 25% of your rage"
This tooltip is quite misleading, because if you use an exhaustive blow and the tactic procs, it basically brings you back to 25% rage wich means instant yellow. So even if you use it at 25% rage and the tactic procs you are straight back to 25% rage.

The Problem:

The Hitta tree includes the most exhaustive blows(5) of all trees. Most of them only usable with greatweapon. I think, this tactic is a tool to bring more finishers into your rotation.
However with 50% the tactic is a huge gamble and in after excessive testings it does not justify it's place in a tactic setup, because the constant setbacks into green are a huge loss in overall damage output and hence a reason why the greatweapon usage is inferior to dualwield.

The Solution:

I suggest to set the tactic to a returning chance of 100%. "OMG, is he crazy?" you might say, but lets see what this will do:

It would make it possible for the choppa to make exhaustive blows a part of his rotation and not only as situational tools with the chance of a huge setback in dps.
Overall with the constant use of finishers you will make more use of the damage bonus they gain while beeing furious, but normal attacks will still have the normal 25% damage bonus to make up for it. Also the high cooldown of 15-30 seconds will prevent a finishers spam (wich isnt very reasonable anyway).
Sure you will still be abled to go full red and play like you ever did, so nothing changes in this direction (exept you wasted a tactic slot).

I feel this will make a completly different playstyle for the choppa with actual rage management and timing.

Thank you for reading
Panzer

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
dansari

Re: [Choppa] Wear em down

Post#2 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:23 am

Constantly placing you in yellow removes the entire rage mechanic from the equation. I can see an argument for changing the tactic somehow to make it more worthwhile, but this just seems like running with Wot Rules? without a downside. Declining.
<Salt Factory>