Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] Buff/Change Gork'll Fix it

For proposals that have been rejected.
riddleout

[Shaman] Buff/Change Gork'll Fix it

Post#1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:37 am

Bear with me wall of text.

Note: This is all written from the perspective of a shaman player. However, these may work with an AM but I am not familiar enough with their class to say for certain.

Just about everyone agrees that shamans are currently the weakest healer in the game, and at the same time they are also the most complicated healer to play due to the new AB changes. Which require the player to balance offensive abilities with heals in order to maximize the shamans effectiveness. This puts shamans in an odd position where they need to be within 100m of enemies to be played to their full potential while DOK and Zealot healers can hang back and cast heals away from the front lines and have less risk of a white lion ruining their day.

Now having to play within 100m of the enemy as a healer is not really an issue (deft defender and armor/toughness stacking is common) for many shaman players but the LARGEST issue is the combination of the fact that shamans are so close to the front line AND lack a reliable quick heal. The next best thing shamans have are shields such as 'Don' Feel Nothin', which has a 20sec cool down, and 'Greener and Cleaner' which has a 5 second cool down and can only be used if you are effected by curse or ailment.

I do need to point out that all healers have a nearly identical ability to 'Gork'll fix it', While DOK's 'restore essence' uses another resource pool; Zealots have an identical ability 'dark medicine' which is rarely used due to the same reasons shamans rarely use it. It has ridiculously high AP cost for underwhelming results.

Since 'Gork'll fix it' is the closest thing shamans have to a near instant heal ability Lets compare it to the other instant heal skills.

Looking at the numbers
Values were pulled from http://www.ror.builders/
I wish the they would scale by level on the website but these will do. Percentages are constant.

Zealot
Gork’ll Fix it – Flash of Chaos.
Gork’ll fix it heals 258 health after the 1 second cast time and 315 health over 5 seconds for a total 573 health. Flash of chaos heals for 276 health on an instant cast. Shamans quick heal equivalent heals 107% more. However Gork’ll fix it costs 55 AP while Flash of chaos costs 15 which is a 267% increase in cost.

DOK
Gork’ll Fix it – Khaine’s invigoration
Khaine’s invigoration heals for 468 after a .5 second cast (0 soul essence cost) and cost 35 AP. Gork’ll fix it heals 22% more and cost 57% more to cast.

Then if we take into account that these two skills are spammable while the majority of 'Gork'll Fix it' comes from the HOT which takes 5 seconds. And each time you cast it on yourself the HOT is just reset. I could get the numbers of how inefficient it is to spam 'gork'll fix it' but most of us already know. Unless you are a new player spamming it T1 wondering why you're always low on AP 5 seconds into a fight.

*Note: that 55% of Gork’ll Fix it total heals goes to the 5 Second HOT while 45% are given immediately to the target.

PROPOSED CHANGES

1. Reduce cost to 45AP

2. Adjust the Healing output of the skill so 70% goes to being healed immediately while 30% will be healed when the 5 second
timer ends.
*Example given the Values provided 401 would be healed instantly while 172 would go to the enchantment on the target.

3. Remove the Heal over time effect of the spell. Instead of healing over time the enchantment casted on the player will heal
for the full amount at the end of the 5 seconds.

4. Allow for the skill to be stacked up to 3 times on a single target.
*For each stack up to 3 the timer will reset to 5 seconds. If the target has the max (3) the timer will not reset.

REASONING
Reducing the cost of Gork’ll fix it should be heavily considered especially if all other suggestions are rejected because as of now it is the most inefficient primary healing spell in the game.

Being the fastest casting healing spell for shamans and then having a majority of it heal over 5 seconds just made the skill a costly and clunky healing over time spell, there are enough of those. And for such a large amount of AP it NEEDS to heal more immediately rather than later.

Allowing for the ability to stack 3 times gives it some “spamability” that puts up to par with other quick healing spells. Currently there is virtually no point to cast ‘Gork’ll fix it’ more than once even though it is the only skill that provides relatively quick healing.

changing the 5 second over time heal to healing the full amount the end of the 5 seconds is what works best with the stacking mechanic. Making it a more powerful HOT could also work but i believe this would be better.

TLDR: Give shamans a instant heal
PapaOpe-Shaman

Ads
dansari

Re: [Shaman] Buff/Change Gork'll Fix it

Post#2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:15 am

These low efficiency, high AP healing abilities plague every healer. I'd like them looked at as well, but not specifically for the reason that "shaman lacks an instant heal." The two abilities you cited are: the bread and butter flash heal for zealot, aka the most used healing ability the class has, and the strongest AP driven heal in the dok/WP arsenal. Shamans also have two HoTs plus the offensive DoT/HoT and lots of utility. Flash healing isn't necessarily what the class is used for.

Secondly, last I checked all healing abilities are 150ft range. AM has the same mechanic-driven danger within 100ft.

Lastly, any perceived weakness in healing can likely be made up for the fact the class is incredibly, elusively tanky, given that it has 3 core detaunts, the most efficient of which is a passive tactic which procs on everything, including dot ticks, without using up a gcd.

Declining.
<Salt Factory>