Recent Topics

Ads

[IB] Trispec too flexible

For proposals that have been rejected.
Shadowgurke

[IB] Trispec too flexible

Post#1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:03 am

This proposal is not about mirroring ib and bg, it is about how specs should be designed, taking Torques recent balance adjustment as an example

Issue:
With the recent changes of „Anger drives me“(30% parry at 100 hate) being raised to an 11 point tactic, the question arises whether IB should have all his goodies in one spec, while BG has to decide which goodies he wants.
http://www.ror.builders/career/ironbrea ... 80,3778&t=
With this tri-spec IB has:
- KD
- High Armordebuff
- Crit buff for himself and Oathfriend
- Parry+ Initiative buff 25% for himself and Oathfriend
- Outgoing HD
- Speedbuff with heal aspect
- AEsnare
With the BG being left at either completely giving up on parry and getting healdebuff or going for parry and, if he wants to deal dmg, dropping ae snare, or getting ae snare and dropping all the precious dmg abilities besides crimson death.

Solution:
Bring BG and IB trees in line, ae snare and parry need to be high up in the defense tree.
This way, IB actually has to choose a spec and can’t rely on tri-spec to get everything essential.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [IB] Trispec too flexible

Post#2 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:12 pm

Open for discussion. Will be locked in TWO WEEKS from now (5th May).

Tesq

Re: [IB] Trispec too flexible [Close Date: 5th May]

Post#3 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:31 pm

Well there is also the core stuff like a 10 sec cd punt....

Probably if any change should had to go in bg direction all buff stuff should go from 5 pt to 9 pt.
Tough ib have a lot of pretty underperforming skills. The other proposal to fix those skill from @eathisword it keep in check due client stuff, it think it gona be problematic fix one issue with out the other.
There is also the problem of the mid mastery 13pt skill be pretty much bad outside pve.

Messy sich.

Wretch

Post#4 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:40 pm

I think ib would need a lot of reworked skills , I also would prefer a spamable grudge builder to free up a tactic slot even if my abilities ended up costing more , even though the classes share the same game mechanic , things don’t work the same , and therefore don’t think it’s fair to call on alterations to the ib at this point .
Ragebull - Ironbreaker 40/5-
Mohican - Slayer 40/4-
Kritikil - White Lion 40/4-

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:11 pm

I would take Crimson Death over Ancestor's Fury any day of the week. And Enraged Beating is hand over foot better than Grudge-born Fury, even though one is a 5 point ability and the other is a 13 point ability (one of the worst in the game). I thought we weren't supposed to appeal to our mirrors in a balance discussion? How is this whole thread not based on that very premise?

I think the BG nerfs were an odd decision, but how many rr70 2h IBs are there? Volgo? Krunched? Just checked on armory, and there are 19 IBs total on the server at rr70 or above that could run this theoretical spec. So I can't imagine there is a sudden plague of rr70 2h Ironbreakers overtaking the server, ruining destros fun with their single-target crit buffs and 50% uptime aoe snares. This seems like a "if I get nerfed, so should other people!" thread.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Toldavf

Post#6 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:16 pm

Moving the parry buff a little higher in the tree would be enough i think, But only if people think that the tri spec is to powerful, which i would argue it isn't because its still not the meta tank in spite of all this.

Ib is just a really well designed tank (yes i'm a fanboy leave me alone) its trees are full of good skills, so its always going to have something nice to buy in tri spec, but whether a group would want what the ib could bring is another question.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Closing as per OP's request. Proposals pertaining to this in the future could, for example, reference single abilities, asking whether or not they are too powerful for the position they are in/ease of availability when combined with other spec-defining abilities. Proposal wasn't made as a 'knee-jerk reaction to BG', I have been told by OP, but rather to standardise all tank specs (which is what the OP inferred was happening) so that you can't get everything.