Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Blunderbuss - corporeal damage

For proposals that have been rejected.
Crumbs

[Engi] Blunderbuss - corporeal damage

Post#1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:17 am

As good aoe dps magus, you prep your dots like you would try on Engi, and you would potentially hit more targets (because of mobile lightning rod), and deal a lot more aoe damage+burst. Because of their corporeal damage equivalent version of Blunderbuss and Frag grenade

As an aoe dps Engi not only is one of our good aoe dots dealing physical damage, (which even when Armor debuffed does not compare to magic damage), but you don’t get to do aoe Armor debuffs, so it literally ticks for 0 damage most of the time. But the bigger issue yet is that Blunderbuss suffers from the same problem, you will never be able to aoe Armor debuff, and without it, you might as well be shooting blanks. As a result we get no aoe damage, and no aoe burst. Also we drain our AP trying to do so.

I’m not proposing to allow for an aoe Armor debuff as that is ridiculous. I ask at least that these two skills be changed to Corp damage, Engi already struggles greatly when trying to synergize different specs together unless they deal the same damage type.

And if not both for whatever reason, then please at least Blunderbuss, it is a very core skill and it is not used at all because of how ineffective it is.

Also if Magus find this to be unfair to them, there can be another proposal to make their infernal scream deal spirit damage to even it out a little. (Not that it was in a bad place to start with)

I have both 40/40+ Magus and Engi if that adds any credibility. Hopefully I don’t sound like I’m pulling this out of a hat.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Ads
dansari

Re: [Engi] Blunderbuss - corporeal damage

Post#2 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:57 pm

Crumbs wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:17 am
Please re-structure your proposal to match this example: viewtopic.php?f=95&t=17696

Specifically:
1. Identify the issue.

2. Explain why it's an issue.

3. Propose a viable solution to the problem.

You don't have to say what you're not proposing (aoe armor debuff), but do update the proposal to focus on the specific things you want changed about Fragmentation Grenade and Blunderbuss Blast so that it's clearer.

Proposal is not open for discussions at this time.
<Salt Factory>

dansari

Re: [Engi] Blunderbuss - corporeal damage

Post#3 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:04 pm

Closing proposal as OP has not responded as requested.
<Salt Factory>