[Witch Hunter] Incognito

For proposals that have been rejected.
Twohandernoob

[Witch Hunter] Incognito

Post#1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:10 am

Problem:

WH is the most squishy mdps.
WH is the least mobile mdps.
WH is the most likely to be outside of a group, either by choice or because 6 mans and even guilds avoid them.
WH is heavily reliant on stealth for protection

With RoR stealth having a chance to break on each dot, witch hunters can now be dotted from 100ft as they first see enemy coming and/or while casting incognito. Your stealth from this point will break 9/10 times.

Hence the weakest, least mobile mdps' best defence is easily overcome leaving them easy pickings after initial dot.

Proposal:

Make incognito a cleanse, removing dots and negative effects. Or at least make it so dots chance to break stealth is removed.

I believe this would encourage more solo play away from the zerg surf as currently there is no way to attack a group and then try to escape if there's an enemy who can dot you.

The one stealther attacking groups he can't hope to defeat to steal kills and escape is a legendary part of live that should be part of RoR also.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [Witch Hunter] Incognito

Post#2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:36 pm

WH is among the top classes to solo with. Being able to cleanse DoTs with Incognito would function as a Cleansing Wind that only two classes would have access to (SW/BG M1 aside), and I feel that proposals pertaining to Stealth should deal with actually being able to get Stealth off without being constantly interrupted - rather than making Stealth a CW of sorts.

Making the WH able to stealth, attack something and kill it, go Stealth, all dots cleansed, engage on another target - rinse repeat - seems a bit overkill. The WE/WH is perfectly suited with assassinating almost any target as it is.

Not sure if promoting more solo gankers to kill undergeared lowbies/'stealing kills' is the best way to go about giving the WH some love.

Going to decline for now, but I would encourage you to think of other ways you could make the WH/WE Stealth mechanic less burdensome* (*if that is what you think of it - others may see it as fully functional).