Recent Topics

Ads

Disrupt Strikethrough Proposal

For proposals that have been rejected.
Zdaemon214

Disrupt Strikethrough Proposal

Post#1 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:10 pm

Issue #1: Disrupt Stacking and Lack of Counterplay.

Currently stacking disrupt is easily available to all classes. Healers and tanks can get their disrupt rates especially high, due to willpower, deft defender and Hold The Line bonuses to the disrupt stat. All of this plus tactics/abilities/items can give players a very high disrupt rate. Disrupt negates all damage of the spell cast which hurts the damage of casters greatly. The other part of this is the fact that disrupt works on attacks from all directions unlike block and parry.

As a class that can be disrupted, the choices to combat this are very limited and limited in effectiveness. Some tactics help, but only affect a couple of abilities. Intelligence doesn't negate enough of the disrupt either. The last choice is disrupt strikethrough from items. This stat is very limited. On a BW in full Conq/Genesis you have 7% Disrupt strikethrough.

Why This Is An Issue.

Disrupt Stacking is an easy way for a class to completely ignore large percentages of a casters damage. This can make it extremely difficult to be effective at all against a healer who is disrupting every other spell cast. It prevents much needed silences or heal debuffs from landing reliably at all. On non healing classes the disrupt rates are not as high but still high enough to drop a casters dmg output significantly.

The ability to stack disrupt is extremely available, 20 renown points gives 18% in dodge and disrupt alone. This in addition to all the other ways of gaining disrupt. Disrupt strikethrough on the other hand cannot be stacked beyond 12% on a BW for example at the sacrifice of better gear because of the need to run BeastLord at 5 pieces. Also intelligence only affects disrupt provided from willpower which is also why this has grown out of control. I'd also like to point out that these casters and their cds/tactics/abilities were designed in mind with the way Intelligence use to work in penetrating disrupt.

Proposed Solutions for the Issue

Solution #1: Make it so that every 125 points of Intelligence gives 1% Disrupt strikethrough meaning 1000-1125 Intelligence would give an additional 8% Disrupt strikethrough.
This would be in addition to the current mechanic of penetrating willpower disrupt.

Solution #2: Replace an unused core tactic on casters to give 10-15% Disrupt strikethrough much like Archmages have. This would force a choice of giving up a tactic to allow for more Disrupt strikethrough.

Solution #3: Give staves an 8% passive bonus to Disrupt strikethrough much like mele 2h weapons grant passive strikethrough. Simple, but would be fair to lower intelligence classes.

Solution #4: Increase the Disrupt strikethrough value on items so that 20% is achievable without too much sacrifice of end game gear.

Solution #5: Put Intelligence back to the way it was in penetrating disrupt or at least closer to the way it was before stats were changed. My personal choice, I firmly believe casters shouldn't have to rely on others to have given abilities do what they were meant to do with reasonably high success , and I think this gets us closest to that.

I think these changes do not require client control but I am not entirely familiar with what can and cannot be done currently in the game.

Ads
dansari

Re: Disrupt Strikethrough Proposal

Post#2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:31 pm

Similar to other proposals that press on disrupt which is not going to be reverted. Common consensus is: bring a physical-based rdps to deal with healers, and build as much disrupt strikethrough as you can from gear.
<Salt Factory>