Recent Topics

Ads

[Declined] SM Heal debuff

For proposals that have been rejected.
Ugle

[Declined] SM Heal debuff

Post#1 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:57 pm

Proposal for canging one of the less useful tactics into outgoing (or incoming) heal debuff tied to one of the less useful skills with appropriate CD to not make it OP. Preferably in the off tank (2h) spec. Tieing it to a tactic makes you forgo something else and therefore not a direct overbuff to the class but giving it some more usefulness compared to IB and Kotbs.

Can elaborate on specific tactic and skill if needed, though tbh there is lots of obvious tactics to choose from.

Edit.

Why lack of Heal debuff is a problem for the class:

Tank meta: Lack of utility. Compared to IB and KotBS SM lack utility to make them desirable in a group as opposed to the other two order tanks.

Making 2h/offtank specs more viable in group would make tanks go from guardbots mere utility providers.

Putting CW further down the Hoeth tree was a very good start, but as an offtank in group environment you do not have the tools to put pressure on enemy backlines. Having an outgoing heal debuff gives you a tool that means you can hamper enemy healers with proper coordination (heal debuff healer a, kd healer b with CW). I am saying outgoing heal debuff because incoming would probably make SM even more self focused in play style.

How:
Heal debuff on 5/10 sec cooldown with corresponding uptime could be replacing Phoenix wing or added to gryphons lash/graceful strike via a tactic, replacing either adept movements, bolstering enchantments, forceful shock or poised attacks.
An outgoing heal debuff would also synergize well with wings of heaven M2 to get to backline quickly. As of today, 90% of my use of this is when being punted away from guard target.

IMO, there should not be any spammable heal debuffs in game, and moving them from DPS classes to tanks opens up for new metas. This would support such a change. (veering off topic here..)
Last edited by Ugle on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
inactive

Ads
noisestorm

Re: SM Heal debuff

Post#2 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:48 pm

IB as well as Kotbs both have already got outgoing healdebuffs. Also the general consensus on this server currently is that SM>>IB in terms of damage/support. You already have a bunch of unique debuffs like Disorient, Damagereduction, on Crit procc, CD decreaser on the SM and propose to even add one more that IB is supposed to cover, while IB itself is already greatly overshadowed by Kotbs Auras and provides virtually nothing new, besides a parry or crit buff which both have a short range on top of it.

I am not going to close this now, as i asked internally and a general discussion in regard of Def-SM utility could be interresting, but to tell you the least: Proposing any form of Healdebuff (or rather offensive power) for SM is definitely a bad idea/solution and will not get promoted.