Recent Topics

Ads

[declined] [Warrior Priest] Seperating the 3 styles

For proposals that have been rejected.
Dabbart

[declined] [Warrior Priest] Seperating the 3 styles

Post#1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:14 pm

Hello.

First off, thank you for reading. When it comes to WP, there are a lot of Issues and Complaints. We can argue over the initial design, or what it's current flaws are, what was a patchwork and what was actually intended, but I wish to focus on ways to implement a true 3 Tree, or Build system. I am going to limit my Opinion into the changes or there reasoning to keep this mildly short. First, should be addressing the System's.
  • 1, Dedicated Healer(Salvation): This build focus' entirely upon healing, and group support play-styles. This covers hammer and book and some 2h hybrid builds. Currently Considered the "strongest" or "meta".
    2, Melee-healer Hybrid(Grace): A system that focus' on healing/supporting your group while engaged in Combat. Amount of DPS dependant upon style. Fun, doesn't really "work".
    3, DPS(Wrath): Entirely built around doing damage, and self healing. The most often played 2h variation(as I perceive)

The changes are designed to; A, stay in line with changes to other classes, and B, start as minimal as possible to achieve the desired effect. With that in mind, I propose the following changes to WP;
  • 1, Slotting a Book reduces armor by 30%.
    2, Intimidating Repent Tactic reduces range of Detaunt to 50ft(This would only affect book priests)[EDIT: Apparently Range isn't possible. Just read Aza's latest post...]
    3, Cleansing Power Tactic increases RF cost of Purify by 15(for 40 total RF)
    4, Increase the RF gained from Charged Fury to 15 if wielding a 2h. Increase Returned Fury from Smite to 25 per target with 2h.
    5, Increase Grace of Sigmar Tactic to 350 +80% of damage done.
    6, Swap Pious Restoration with Divine Light
    7, Increase Absence of Faith to 50%, but reduce duration to 6s and the CD to 15s
Spoiler:
1, 2, 3 affect the Backline Spec. The reduction of armor, and reducing the Detaunt range would hopefully bring them down a peg, w/o devastating them. Survivability is one of the WPs strengths. Equipping a book shouldn't entirely negate that. Increasing the RF cost on Cleanse for a group-wide ability should help to "balance" it towards other healer's similar abilities.

4, 5, and 6 are for the assistance towards a Front-line Healer/Hybrid. Though should have some potential to assist the DPS. Should all be fairly self apparent in reason, 6 would simply allow a 2h to have the points to gain a grp HoT.

7 is strictly intended to address what I believe is the major weakness of the DPS build. A lack of closer is often spoken of, but you have Cleanse and castable heals to make up for it.

The Issue of "OP" for a 2h WP will be raised with these changes. For which there is already a viable method to "scale" their ability if that is the case, in the usage of %reduction of heals similar to Sham/AM changes. Especially towards Self-Healing. However, outside of extreme small-scale combat, I don't believe that will ever be an issue. The idea's posted are all open for scaling, or adjustment. They are however, the adjustments that I believe would bring the WP, in all of it's forms, towards the line of other Healers.
Cheers
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Penril

Re: [Warrior Priest] Seperating the 3 styles

Post#2 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:38 pm

I like your ideas (though some will definitely be very controversial), and I have been working for a while on something VERY similar. If the other mods don't object, I will move this thread to the Discussions forum once the Pounce thread is locked.

Azarael

Post#3 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:07 pm

I have personal designs on WP/DoK.

My view on these classes is that solving their issues in terms of raw power and sheer ease of playability will require the maximum of power over the client - ability to change AP cost, RF requirements, add new requirements, modify tooltips, etc. The problems are wide-ranging and will require modifications to a number of skills at once.

It's unlikely that any topic concerning WP/DoK with a view to reconciling their mastery trees will go anywhere for this reason.

Penril

Post#4 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:37 pm

Gonna decline this proposal then, until we have client control.