Recent Topics

Ads

[declined] Some nice Shammy Changes

For proposals that have been rejected.
Nabaro

[declined] Some nice Shammy Changes

Post#1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:39 am

1. Change "Pass It On" tactic: Any time you are hit, there is a 25% chance that your next "Gork'll Fix It"(or any single target heals and hots) will applied to all group members within a radius of 100 feet from the target. CD 2-3 sek. (u can kite and be useful.)

We all know - shaman is all about kite and healing. I propose to extend the idea.

2. Sticky Feetz – change Elemental resistance reduced to Initiative reduced (like Archmage Mistress Of The Marsh)

Why shaman have 2 Elemental resistance reductions? Its totaly usseles.

3. Shrug It Off (Magical Infusion) – reduce the cooldown to 35 seconds also heal when effect will end if do not triggered at 25%.

1 minute cooldown for the skill that usually do not have time to work, it's crazy. And it would be nice that it worked to the end of the action. At least 50% of its power.

4. Gork's Barb's reduce the cooldown to 15 seconds, and now target(when healed) also take half damage.

versus Scatter The Winds, its very weak, have strange mechanics and long CD.

5. You Really Got Nuthin – change to analog Arcing Power.

You Really Got Nuthin completely useless tactic that does not take no one ever. Arcing Power very nice enhances the hybrid build.

P.S. I am sorry for my poor English. I'm trying to improve this skill every day.
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

Ads
noisestorm

Re: Some nice Shammy Changes

Post#2 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:00 pm

First off:
I dare to say that Shaman and AM will see some more adjustments in the near future anyway.

Also besides Sticky Feet really being stupid, you failed to acknowledge pretty much all of the below:
1. Identify the issue. Be as specific as possible. A thread identifying, for example, Festering Arrow in combination with the morale and SW-specific buffs would be a good example. A thread complaining about Shadow Warriors being OP would not.

2. Explain why it's an issue. You need to demonstrate why exactly the issue you've identified is such a problem, with reference to the metagame. To use an overpowered strategy as an example, this would involve demonstrating that the risk-reward balance of the strategy is incorrect, because the counterplay is either non-existent or overly demanding in comparison to the effort required to use the skill or strategy. It could also involve demonstrating that the strategy or game element is overcentralizing - i.e. that the metagame revolves around counters to this particular strategy or element, to the extent that not extensively preparing for it is an automatic death sentence.

To continue with Festering Arrow as an example, it would suffice to point out the difficulty of seeing the skill to detaunt it, its nature as a one-shotting skill preventing any after-the-fact plays, its ability to bypass resistances and the inability to stack other defenses to reliably mitigate it without unduly compromising other areas of one's build.

3. Propose a viable solution to the problem. In the case of an overpowered strategy, this would involve proposing either fair nerfs to the strategy or constructing a means of counterplay on the opposite side. It does not matter too much if the solution you propose is demonstrated to have flaws, as long as those flaws were not completely and totally obvious when you posted your topic. The purpose of the ensuing debate is both to verify the topic starter's thinking is correct and to refine a response to the problem.
ad 1) We basically have "A thread complaining about Shadow Warriors being OP would not." Worded from you as : "Skill and tactic XYZ is bad, noone uses it"
ad 2) You nowhere identify any problems with real situations or the likes at all.
ad 3) All you do is throw in some random changes, but you're not properly looking at what effect they potentialy can have. (Explained for example in the last Point below)

Some questions you should answer for yourself as well:
* Your healdebuff currently is a mirror of BW healdebuff, thats just how it behaves. Why exactly is it bad? Just because it is different from AM? Are we going to change the BW healdebuff then as well?
* Why should the CD of Shrug it Off be lowered? If its going off the heal can be quite high and the duration on the spell is still 30 seconds. Having an effective CD of 5 seconds on it would be close to a 100% potential uptime on it. (Tbh the whole Skill should be changed, but im just basically stating some Points you might encounter in a discussion and which you could rewrite for your new premise.)
* While the AM has Arcing Power and you expect to have the same, you also demand a change for Pass it On, which is a tactic that the AM does not have and with your proposal to it the Shaman healing would dramatically increase due to a 100ft aoe share on every 4th spell. Thats like 5 free Spells every 4th cast. Sounds a bit over the top to me.

PS: The rules generally also say
3. No reciprocal adjustments, aka: Don't appeal to your mirror.
In other words: Just because the AM has it doesnt mean, it would be fair for you to have as well. Also literally every class has a huge amount of sh*t tactics in core as well as specc line. While the shaman is no excuse here, you should reconsider why it is bad and what could be done about it.