Recent Topics

Ads

[Dev] White Lion proposal

For full discussion of selected topics.
Dammy095

Re: [Dev] White Lion proposal

Post#141 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm

Jackiee wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:57 pm
abodam wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:02 am This is funny, last 6v6 event one of the order groups ran WL in Axeman spec with Revenge and won all their fights with no issues, and historically have great record with this setup in all 6v6 tournaments. Buffing other specs would just swap FOTM to other tree. Not to mention how many classes have no place in any serious competitive play.
The last 6v6 event which saw a grand total of 2 destro teams playing, one of which was a last minute form up, the other of which played rather bad compared to normal? Thats not a massive sample size to run on. Not sure about this historical bit either, if I am not mistaken they ran ASW/WH the tournament before. I highly doubt removing the conditional component on primal fury, or altering pack synergy to be something that doesnt depend on the pet (read, I didnt say it should maintain 50% crit damage bonus) suddenly makes the other specs some killing machine.
no destro teams in such tournaments means players opinion on current balance

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#142 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:47 pm

Dammy095 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm
Jackiee wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:57 pm
abodam wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:02 am This is funny, last 6v6 event one of the order groups ran WL in Axeman spec with Revenge and won all their fights with no issues, and historically have great record with this setup in all 6v6 tournaments. Buffing other specs would just swap FOTM to other tree. Not to mention how many classes have no place in any serious competitive play.
The last 6v6 event which saw a grand total of 2 destro teams playing, one of which was a last minute form up, the other of which played rather bad compared to normal? Thats not a massive sample size to run on. Not sure about this historical bit either, if I am not mistaken they ran ASW/WH the tournament before. I highly doubt removing the conditional component on primal fury, or altering pack synergy to be something that doesnt depend on the pet (read, I didnt say it should maintain 50% crit damage bonus) suddenly makes the other specs some killing machine.
no destro teams in such tournaments means players opinion on current balance
Nah, it just means lack of destro teams - that's all. Fusion couldn't come, but we wanted to help out a friend, LoB (as always) were there. Where's the rest of the destro premades? I guess those pugs aren't gonna farm themselves.

As mentioned earlier, there are counters to MSW/GWL, so I wouldn't use the tournament as anything to really go by (not to say that GWL doesn't need nerf), and Jackie already mentioned the fact that one of the teams was a last minute form up: you're always gonna have issues coming up against a Guild 6-man as a Pick-up 6-man.

Jackiee

Post#143 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Dammy095 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm no destro teams in such tournaments means players opinion on current balance
Yea, you are right, the balance is so entirely in favor of order that order showed up with a grand total of THREE! teams. Lol. You might not want to consider a single day where 5 teams fought as the holy grail reference for balance. But, I feel this conversation is starting to go off topic, so im going to leave it at that.

Lime

Post#144 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:22 pm

It's also safe to say that it's not exactly easy to change dps classes from tournament to tournament as it takes months to get a character tournament ready. You are likely to see the same lineups in the next tournament as well.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

zgolec

Post#145 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:59 pm

Grunbag wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:54 am I think we could nerf a bit ST burst tools and increase a bit WL aoe capacities .

My ideas was :

- Ethereal Cleave New Hunter 9pts Ability: You cleave your enemies within 30 feet, dealing X spiritual damage over 21 seconds. Your targets take a 80 ability penalty to Initiative and Weaponskill.
- Echoing Roar radius is increased by 10ft
- Force Opportunity move to Hunter 13pts
- Whirling Axe move to Hunter Core.
- Pack Hunting : While you are using Trained to Hunt , all of your hits have a 25% chance to remove 225 points of Morale from the enemy.
- Brutal Pounce need your pet to be 30ft within you
- Pet stats are scaled down
- General pet code (for all pet career when they summon their pet) : Any time you are healed, your Pet will become healed for 25% of the value as long as it is within 30 feet.

This would give WL a niche in WB (as we balance around group and warband this could be taken into consideration) , being a « good pick » but not best pick , while reduce his ST capacities. In addition , pets would be less an handicap and WL would finally enjoy more aspect of the game (siege and large scale fights)
These are not bad.

TTH morale removal is nasty. I like it ;]

But 21 sec dot? The ticks for like what? 80 dmg? This is fluff dmg and this wouldnt change anything in wb plays... Can achieve similiar dot aoe effect with CoT, TTH, Slashing Blade tactic.... lot of numbers on screen.... that doesnt kill anything.

How about adding similiar to mara aoe kd? Or some other tool to make it more team player?

I dont mind tweaking solo WL if it will become viable WB pick... Nerfing this class to oblivion is kinda out of hand...
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

GoshDarn
Banned

Post#146 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:08 pm

Wargrimm I really enjoy both of these ideas. I personally take up to FO, and Pounce in Hunter, and go up to Thin the Herd in Axeman. I end up take 5 abilities total, 0 tactics. No matter what I'm losing access to a heal debuff if I want to retain the current damage I do. So obviously I am going to enjoy the route where I gain a Brutal Pounce instead of Thin the Herd, and either way they are both fine changes. I would say out of the 2 the CS to Hunter is the harder nerf, so whichever way you please. But if you put CS to Hunter tree, 13 points there is that useless tactic underneath it now. Maybe put something there in it's place. Simplest option I think is just put Brutal Pounce and Thin the Herd mix up. Nobody is going to trade Pounce for anything so it's a good nerf either way you do it.
-Bepbepimajep-81-Sorc

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#147 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:17 pm

zgolec wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:59 pm
Grunbag wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:54 am I think we could nerf a bit ST burst tools and increase a bit WL aoe capacities .

My ideas was :

- Ethereal Cleave New Hunter 9pts Ability: You cleave your enemies within 30 feet, dealing X spiritual damage over 21 seconds. Your targets take a 80 ability penalty to Initiative and Weaponskill.
- Echoing Roar radius is increased by 10ft
- Force Opportunity move to Hunter 13pts
- Whirling Axe move to Hunter Core.
- Pack Hunting : While you are using Trained to Hunt , all of your hits have a 25% chance to remove 225 points of Morale from the enemy.
- Brutal Pounce need your pet to be 30ft within you
- Pet stats are scaled down
- General pet code (for all pet career when they summon their pet) : Any time you are healed, your Pet will become healed for 25% of the value as long as it is within 30 feet.

This would give WL a niche in WB (as we balance around group and warband this could be taken into consideration) , being a « good pick » but not best pick , while reduce his ST capacities. In addition , pets would be less an handicap and WL would finally enjoy more aspect of the game (siege and large scale fights)
These are not bad.

TTH morale removal is nasty. I like it ;]

But 21 sec dot? The ticks for like what? 80 dmg? This is fluff dmg and this wouldnt change anything in wb plays... Can achieve similiar dot aoe effect with CoT, TTH, Slashing Blade tactic.... lot of numbers on screen.... that doesnt kill anything.

How about adding similiar to mara aoe kd? Or some other tool to make it more team player?

I dont mind tweaking solo WL if it will become viable WB pick... Nerfing this class to oblivion is kinda out of hand...
Duration is PH , maybe 9 sec would be better
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#148 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:31 pm

Going to pause discussion on this one for a bit.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads