Recent Topics

Ads

[Dev] Tank morale overhaul

For full discussion of selected topics.
Collateral

Re: [Dev] Tank morale overhaul

Post#141 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:52 am

normanis wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:38 am he done it to compare arcmage vs shaman build morales. nice try . sacrefice mobility vs shaman mobility (shaman dont loose nothing from mobility just tactic slot) byt healer who need mobility need stay and spam 2sec heals to pump morale to tanks. dead healer no heals. nice trry
First of all, order is quite more mobile than destro, both in small scale and large scale. And I don't understand what you mean about shaman mobility. If you are using run away in rvr you're doing it wrong. Shaman has to sacrifice 2 tactic slots for effective pump and your party members have to deal damage. Am just has to heal. And the reason you brought am with pump is to pump bw to m4, not tanks. It's a kiting playstyle and can be super effective when played well. Destro on the other hand has to go in face first for mpump to work.

Anyway we are going off topic. I agree with raodkillrobin, doing blanket changes will never yield good results because there are so many differences in the playstyles, abilities/tactics, and morales in the end.

Ads
normanis

Post#142 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:22 pm

i think u dont get what is mobility, 2 sec cast u need stay, shaman spam ere we go and continue heal athers not jsut focus on main tanks or mdps/rdps. also come choppa spam gtdc and all your 2 sec cast is ****. while shaman can move freely (without sareficing speed). those 2 sec is canceled while u move or get pulled, also mara drain morales. (do i need tell u from phalanx that hao maked event vs bitterstones and there was specially all maras drained dwarfs empty?).
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Azerreth

Post#143 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:43 pm

So basically strip the tanks of any flavor they have; Remove all the nuance of being one and be forced into a support role. While healers can run around full dps with all the benefits? Really. BO has some great morals the ones you mention have saved my team numerous times and have even won SC's for us.

Moving hold the line to a moral? Why. Its one of the bread and butter abilities of a tank, might as well make guard a moral too right? Lord Ill stop tanking if you do this. I like my BO how he is and he is strong, but not broken. I run sword and board for the defenses and the morals and abilities I've chosen are for benefiting my team. These changes would legitamantlly ruin the BO at least on moral side. Why remove an AOE silence on a moral 3? Its strong and can make a difference, all you're doing is taking away from tanks with no compensation. Moving Raze to moral 3 was already dumb, now requiring a two handed weapon to use? That would kill the skill.

Swordmaster can keep his leap, but give a destro tank either a leap or a charge. Then its even Steven; But stripping classes of unique morals is not the way to go. As for immaculate defense? Its taken because we don't have to spec to get it; And a lot the final tier Moral 4's are not worth using a skill point for. This won't change, Ill just not use moral 4 and stick 3 or lower. Make all morals free and replace in the skill tree with powerful final skills worth taking, im sure you would see other T4 morals used if they were more accessible. But no joke if you go about stripping people of their cool, and unique toys people will leave. Tanks already have a stigma shot toward them as useless meat walls, this would only further that.

Some ideas are ok; But a lot this tells me you don't know anything about being a "Real" tank. Because these abilities are insanely strong and can help a group, sometimes like I said they turn the tables and can shift a battle. Which is a tanks job, we aren't support we are the lead. We take charge, we push in and we are the ones who ensure the victory as healers support us and dps try to kill what we CC and debuff. But stripping of us our toys and leaving healers and dps with theirs? Nah im not about that. Some could use tweaks but the majority mentioned here are fine, I wouldn't suggest implementing this change.

Tiamath

Post#144 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:53 am

Ave
I like the changes to M4, they should be a linebreaker ultimate abilities worth speccing to. In fact all M4 should be ultimate level to stop stalemate battles.
Blackguard:
Blast of Hatred - decent change, maybe stagger instead of knockback?
In Malekith's name - I would keep it as it is just increase the radius, Anguish is already lackluster, so it would be a cherry on top of a cake.

Raze - keep it with shield, let shieldbearers have some few cents in terms of damage too.
Hold the line as moral - I disagree on the part.
In my opinion each tree in each class shouldnt stick to one archetype of career. So let wannabe dps be wannabe dps etc. Dont put protection morales to tanks only, healing morals to healers only etc.
Next stop? The frontline ...
Tiamath - RR83 Blackguard, Khaladh of Kar Khadath Regiment.

BurbsToo
Banned

Post#145 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Btw, Emperor's Champion is a 15s buff, not a 30s buff. So maybe try knowing even the very basics of the skills that you think are OP before nerfing my class for the 75th time in a row. Seriously. Knights have never had a buff in the entire time I've played the class. Truly amazing how little these people know about their own game.

Zod24
Suspended

Post#146 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:21 pm

BurbsToo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:16 pm Seriously. Knights have never had a buff in the entire time I've played the class. Truly amazing how little these people know about their own game.
they don't need a buff :lol:

Tesq

Post#147 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:08 pm

Zod24 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:21 pm
BurbsToo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:16 pm Seriously. Knights have never had a buff in the entire time I've played the class. Truly amazing how little these people know about their own game.
they don't need a buff :lol:
in reality yes on right mastery but....considering kobs/ch cant be buff but only nerf even when they need buff well....

tough it still need its m4 nerf