Recent Topics

Ads

[WE] Finishers

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
dansari

Re: [WE] Finishers [Close Date: May 4]

Post#21 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:16 pm

I think it's been established that finishers work differently for both WH and WE due to kisses/bullets. Let's bring focus back to WE finishers and less on WH playstyle. I think it's good to set context so people (like me) get clarity on some things, but not good to focus on WH when the topic is WE finishers. Ya wanna talk about BAL, make a proposal
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Mavella

Post#22 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:06 pm

I have a potential suggestion to make but for clarification purposes can I ask if Kisses/WB only allow 1 proc of each per GCD? Does anyone know? I have a WE but I don't know the ins and outs of her like my WH.

Joshwa70

Post#23 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:36 pm

We are talking high point abilities here. We should be looking at them lime other classes high point abilities. They should be powerful no? Wb sucks and is a waste of a cd. I like the work to ss but it's still so meh with needing back to hit. I live in NA so I can have someone's back and the ability still gets parried... 8 know this because my kd gets parried all the time when my feint ed position down.

I would suggest something with adding damage since kisses are apparently out of the question. Make them more or make them spirit or both.

Atropik

Post#24 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:05 am

Spoiler:
daniilpb wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:08 pm First of all, doors are wide open already for the class in 6v6. WE is really good in this scene, actually it's one of the best destro damage dealers, so the statement that WE doesn't have place in 6v6 is clearly false.
First of all Witchelf is in a horrific spot in terms of group PvP. She still has and had the worst armor ingame (light), a horrific disengage and sh*t mobility + no group utility.
That means if anyone plans to participate in competitive group PvP my advice is to reroll to a choppa / marauder.
The class is more likely a hit and run while the choppa and marauder are frontline bruiser. Right now both Choppa and Mara can provide more burst, sustain and do have a lot more utility. For a group the question is: Choppa, Witchelf or cheese. If you compare Choppa to Witchelf you won't find any reason to bring a Witchelf.

It is also can be combined with Sacrificial Stab finisher (which gives good AA buff) to achieve good sustain damage.

New SS is a joke. Must be the worst ability that been reworked/reimplemented here in RoR.

It provides AA haste on 5th (!!!) second after combat starts, in trade of dps loss, on a class with no armor debuff, as 13pt ability, that prevents you from having wb/oyk, and has an "only from behind" restriction. What a thing! Ive always dreamed about! Furthermore, it heals for 300 if not get parried and has 3-15% snare. Way OP.

The one who made this was drunk.

And the other stuff you told about there, mate, thats not true, i mean Kisses do not provide any decent dps output since 2010, BAL is the greatest finisher ingame after CW gone, WE will never be a meatgrinder again, even if Devs rollback pre 1.2 patches, for reasons. People play we cause its cute or they played it for years. And yes WH is waaaaaay better in curent meta, i have 71.

and goodbye from balance forums - Torque
Nicelook | Obey

Atropik

Post#25 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:13 am

Martok wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:12 pm And yes, I have a Witch Elf toon, created and played primarily as a learning and moderating exercise.
Is must be lvl 6 or 8

Talking about curent proposal. This is not what WE actually needs.
Nicelook | Obey

bwdaWAR

Post#26 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:31 am

The group utility of WE has been brought up many times, including in this thread. What if, instead of a direct buff to the WE finishers like damage/armor ignore/whatever, they (or at least the more lackluster ones like Puncture) received a group buff in the fashion of "buff party members, but it won't work on you" like Leading Shots or Restored Motivation?
This way, solo WEs aren't stronger but there's more reason to take a WE in your party and a reason for the WE to burn away their Blood Lust points on a finisher instead of saving them for the %crit bonus tactic - especially if the effect scales with the amount of Blood Lust used with the finisher. Things that might happen is a small amount of healing, crit% bonus, damage bonus, AP given to teammates and so on... as long as the benefits are small (and spamability is accounted for, so buffs are short duration, non-stacking and non-refreshing, or just have an internal cooldown for these effects), it would be an alternate to the AW/WB spam but not outright replace the buffs from other classes.
A quick example: Puncture gives to party members (but not the WE) a 5s non-refreshing, non-stacking damage bonus of 1%/Blood Lust point spent. It can be used for a short, coordinated damage burst, or for a more constant buff via spam, but considering it takes 5+1 GCDs (potentially less with Whirling Blades) to refresh this buff at its fullest it's impossible to have 100% uptime for it, or the WE will have to settle for a smaller bonus, not to mention it cripples the WE's ability to use the Frenzied Mayhem at the full +15% bonus or Witchbrew, at all, since all their Blood Lust will go into this buff.

tionblack

Post#27 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:44 am

you have insanely viable tactics compared to witch hunter,your kisses are way much more powerful than the WH bullets.( tactics are % 15 crit and % 15 dmg increase ) and with buffs to finishers now they are in a good position too.I am not even gonna bring up the PIERCE ARMOR the infamous tank destroyer,combined with WITCH BREW it just melts every tanky being.I have 72 wh and 53 WE and i must say witch elf IS A BEAST .

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Eathisword

Post#28 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:44 am

Not gomna provide a lot of imsight here, but extra armor debuff is not needed.

WE can already ignore armor + they have wb which also ignore armor and Toughness.

Dunno about other option. Not familiar enough qith the class.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#29 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:56 am

WH are built around finishers, bullets stack with them and nothing else.

WE where designed the other way to be intentionaly different. Kisses proc on normal hits and the finishers are less powerful than a WH as a result.

Buffing the finisher is like asking for WH bullets to proc on normal hits.
Alea iacta est

Hecc

Post#30 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:27 am

Remove GCD from WB.