Recent Topics

Ads

[Faction Balance] RvR

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Lucente1

[Faction Balance] RvR

Post#1 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:54 pm

Hello,

First time poster, long time player. I have noticed that the game has become significantly more "Zergy" lately due to players flip flopping factions to receive the rewards of the winning side. I have a couple of suggestions I'd like to place forward and get some feedback on. I hope you find them well thought out and actionable.

Restrict the population of players in a single RvR zone by a maximum of 20% AAO.
Once the zone population has reached 20% AAO for one faction, players attempting to enter the zone are sent back to the warcamp. Here's why and some of the benefits:
  • Creates faction balance in the zone and keeps the game competitive
  • Prevents RvR from becoming an additional PvE zone for loot bags and minimal warcrests
  • Creates an environment where multiple RvR zones are active at one time
  • It actually matters when a faction locks a zone
I understand that some players may find that this is restrictive but there are options for players in this situation. For example, if we were to remove the faction lock before a player has entered an RvR zone, the following becomes possible:
  • Players can swap to the opposite faction and balance out the zone
  • Players can swap to a different zone, which creates multiple active zones vs forcing the entire population into one zone
  • Players can Queue for Scanarios which will help with queue times.
Adjusting the weekly RvR requirements
Adjust the Capture or Defend 3 forts requirement to the following: "Participate in 1 Fort"
  • This allows players from both factions to get credit for the weekly quest in the same fort and doesn't discourage the defending team to participate when outnumbered
  • Players don't feel obligated to join the winning side to get the rewards
Adjust the Capture or Defend 5 Keeps requirement to the following: "Participate in 5 Keep sieges or Defenses"
For the same reasons listed above.

I am very interested to see any feedback from the community and development team on this issue. I'd love to have an open discussion to see how this issue can be resolved.

Thanks.

Ads