Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked solo scenario "premades"!

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Mor

Ranked solo scenario "premades"!

Post#1 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:59 pm

Hi all,

I have been playing ranked solo scenarios season 1 and now pre-season and I need to point out a pretty distasteful thing. Queuing together at the same time, namely organising groups with people who we want to play with, becomes a daily routine. I really thought that solo ranked would be something for those who do really want to join a scenario on high competition level and enjoy fights against totally RANDOM enemies. Instead, when you pick a bad time to play ranked solos you might lose many matches against the same or nearly the same people! Players used to practise this method in season 1 and they practise it in pre-season and will do in season 2.

Destruction is way more involved in playing ranked solos than Order. The count for Destruction players sometimes reaches 16/18 players queuing at the same time, whereas for Order it is around 8/10. To arrange 6 good players, let them join the same discord/server (which everybody can clearly see every time they play ranked solos) and tell them to press the queue button at the same time is easier than leading a pug warband. When the count of people queuing is high on one side then the other takes advantage of it.

Although I have no great solution to that, I would really love to hear what you guys think. Imo, this has to stop or season 2 leaderboard will be swallowed by MMR 1800+ players who always queue together with their friends. One thing that comes to my mind is setting a minimum number of players to queue for ranked solo scenarios in order to receive a pop - i.e. 12 players of any class. In that case neither side would ever get a scenario pop with the same players or nearly the same players.

Mor

Ads