Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] GTDC change proposal

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
farng84

[Choppa] GTDC change proposal

Post#1 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi all,

In a recent patch GTDC was fixed to match the tooltip, increasing its range to 40 ft and removing undefendable.
I firmly believe that skills should act as described by their tooltip (work as intended), otherwise it is chaos, with skill that show unexpected quirk and with new players unable to grasp which skills could be useful.
However, GTDC working as intended is significantly weaker than before. This loss in damage potential might increase further the existing gap between choppa and slayers.

As devs mentioned they do not want to change GTDC for another skill and the issue claimed from both Order and destro regarding the pull I would suggest the following:

1) Change GTDC to make it undefendable again (this time officially).
2) Remove the pull (which would solve problems for both order and destro and would allow choppa to use their 13 pt skill freely, instead of being extremely cautious with it to avoid giving precious immunities to unwanted targets)

This could be a quick fix and would solve most of the issue with this skill.
It is true that choppa would lose it's capability to interrupt healers, but that can happen only if the healer in question is one of the 3 targets of the pull (1 every 2 seconds), does not defend the skill and was casting an ability in that exact moment. While it might happen I would say that chances are not that high. Personally I see the pulling (and increase speed part) more like a use for when chasing fleeing enemies, in that context it allows choppa to close the gap and pull back into destro mob some fleeing toons. Other than in that case both are irrelevant/detrimental.

Additional changes could be:
a) Instead of being interruptible the channelling could be reduced by 0.5 s every time choppa is hit (max 1 per second). This way if choppa is targeted GTDC would last 4 s or so (although if targeted choppa is probably dead in 2-3 s). Or the tick on interrupt could be reinstated, maybe give it shorter range (e.g. 20ft as the choppa is stopping his spin) and make it a little stronger.
b) As the skill is not mainly designed to chase fleeing foes removing the speed bonus could be a tradeoff for improvement (a). Even a 10% reduction of movement speed while channelling would be ok to me as I would run into the mob and start the skill instead of the opposite

Ads