Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] Keep On Choppin' Proposal

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Ysaran

[Choppa] Keep On Choppin' Proposal

Post#1 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:15 am

Issues
The first branch of Choppa's mastery tree is Da' Savage branch. The skills of this branch are:
5pt, Keep On Choppin' - exhaust rage and gain 100 ap
9pt, Can't Stop Da Chop - incoming healdebuff
13pt, Furious Choppin' - chanelled selfheal
While 9pt and 13pt ability are the same as Slayer the 5pt skill fall far behinde since 5pt Slayer skill is Rampage which make all your skill undefendable for 10s/20s with 30s CD.
Now, even without the previous comparison Keep On Choppin' is a meme abilty, since it fall behinde even compared to normal AP pots:
-it need a target, AP pots don't
-exahust your rage (which means that lower your dps by 50% for 15s), AP pots don't
-give less AP then AP pots (blue one)
-you need to spend 1 mastery point to have it, AP pots don't
Generally speaking this ability is almost useless, it's taken only to spend spare mastery point and used only with Wot Rulez?! tactic (which don't let you exhuast your rage, so you can use Keep On Choppin' without losing dps).
This ability was thought to solve Choppa's AP starvation issue, but it's not only not solving the problem, but to use it (generally speaking) will also diminish Choppa dps (which is the only things Choppa should do).

Here I would like to suggest some of the solutions I thought of during my three years playing almost only Choppa/Slayer.

Solutions
1) Remove Keep On Choppin and replace it with a skill that says:
"for the next 15s each time you get hit you gain X AP, this ability can't trigger more than once per second. Cooldown: 30s."
Purpose of this change it's to solve the ap starvation issue.

2) Remove the "Exahust your rage" requirement from Keep On Choppin'
Purpose of this change it's to give Choppas a real extra AP pots, without losing dps

3) Remove Keep On Choppin and replace it with a skill that says:
"for the next 10s each time you get hit you gain X AP and the attacke lose Y AP. Cooldown: 40s."
Purpose of this change would be to solve the AP issue and to try countering Salyer's Rampage. Indeed Rampage became useles if the Slayer is AP starvating.

4) Remove Keep On Choppin and replace it with a skill that says:
"The next X skill you use will cost 0 AP. Cooldown: 25s"
Purpose of this change it's clearly to solve the AP starvation issue, but I would like to remark that this skill would synergize with Chop Fasta+Wild Choppin'. This combo let you unleash some decent damage but, due to the cost of Wild Choppin', let you complete depleted.
Zputadenti

Ads