Recent Topics

Ads

Some thoughts on the rSH update

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
franzjaeger

Some thoughts on the rSH update

Post#1 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:38 pm

I've been replying to some of the rSH rework/update opinion threads scattered throughout the forums, so I might as well add my two cents in the Proposals section as well and hope the devs see it.

This is not a clear-cut proposal of a full SH overhaul, but having played the class on the Quick Shootin' spec for a while I have some thoughts that I hope to be taken into some consideration alongside all the other proposals and opinions from other herders. It is focused mainly on the QS spec as I have little experience with a full-out BS or melee spec.

- Explodin' Arrer - This is a fun skill and one of our few AoE skills, but the damage is crap. At least the AoE dot need to be scaled up OR inherently ignore resistances (former is probably more realistic). We shouldn't have to waste one or even two tactic slots just to make one skill viable.
- Da Waaagh Iz Strong - This is not worth the tactic slot if it doesn't include Rotten Arrer. This is a tactic that I don't think any high level SH has slotted, if Rotten Arrer can't be included then this tactic can be reworked into something entirely different imo.
- Behind Ya! - I like the choice between a crit finisher and a raw damage finisher (Finish 'em Off) but if they are to be on par the "target must be facing away from you" req should be removed.
- Squig Frenzy - Needs a serious buff or have its CD reduced to 30s or something. Barely worth to slot on ability bar at all as it is
- Tastes Like Chicken - Healing needs a buff but it would be nice if this ability removed an ailment as well. We sacrifice a squig for this, we should get more than healing worth one or two DoT ticks, especially since it has a 60s cooldown.
- Run Away! - Add a remove snare/root to this or a dodge/disrupt buff, increase CD if necessary to compensate. Note that this also requires an alive squiq so it already has a "catch" and we need to spend a mastery point as well.
- Splinterin' Arrers - Either make this core to the skill itself or remove the damage debuff + give some other buff like make it affect Yer Bleedin' as well. Maybe increase range to 30ft. We have very few AoE abilities as it is and it feels wrong to have to sacrifice a tactic to get tickle damage AoE on a single skill.
- Lots o' Arrers - This should be a strong burst skill, but without any Vengeful mechanic it doesn't feel very strong at all.
- Yer Bleedin' - Compare this to the SW's Broadhead Arrow: Lower tooltip damage, no stacking, no option to make AoE. Give us something, please!
- Lacking ranged KD. SW has a strong KD that even has a debuff, with minimal investment.
- Lacking disarm not based on squig which is always dead when you need it, unreliable in its attacks and in RvR often in passive mode which means an extra action for this skill.
- Squigs need to be a lot tougher or have more resistance to AoE attacks, they die like flies in ORvR and when it's dead we don't get its buffs. Or, make the squig buffs not reliant on having an alive pet and reduce the amount of abilities that require a pet. This is a big handicap for SH compared to SW's stances.

I understand that we probably can't just get a buff all over the board with no compensation the other way, but hopefully some of these points make sense.

Ads