[SW] Balance Suggestion series - Whirling Pin

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
mryay

[SW] Balance Suggestion series - Whirling Pin

Post#1 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:02 pm

Hi, community,

The following is part of a series of proposals for SW changes. Here is a balance change with the intent to fix the various inner problems of the SW. The overall strategy/approach/context are described at the beginning of this post: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=39743

This post focuses on "Whirling Pin"

In this post, I address the Whirling Pin core skill. For the one who doesn't know it is the AoE melee range snare skill.

Main issues:
- Whirling Pin self pull back distance is too short for the SW. Around 75% of the time there is a counter gap closer for melee (range don't need it anyway) + the renown ability that can be used offensively too
- Cannot but triggered unless it hits a target (20ft melee range)
- Doesn't do damage - which is good and bad at the same time.
- CD is long considering it is SW's only core escape skills.

This one, I propose to address it a bit differently, by addressing another source of imbalance at a realm level, which is Choppa's "Git to Da Choppa". This AoE random pull is a fantastic skill, I love it, AoE pull, speed bonus, can cause caster's interrupt if you pulled and if you land in Choppa's hand, your chopped :). Choppas are numerous on the server, like their counterpart Slayers, and they are essential to any Destro WB. They are "Meta".

Rework Proposal:
- WWP (normal):
- proposal 1: increase the self pull back by +10ft
- proposal 2: can be triggered without an enemy in range so that the self pull back works.

- WP with Vengeance of Nagarythe activated: Whirling Pin is imbued by the force of elven gods. The characteristics:
- It pulses continuously on the floor during 6s
- It can be triggered without the enemy in range. Rationale: VoN+WP can be used as a trap either defensively or offensively
- It pulls randomly enemies in the range
- When the enemy is pulled, the snare from WWP is applied: 40% speed
- does not do damage

Of course, the intent here is to stay in the trajectory of the proposition of the class design and give more "attractiveness" and "reasons" to bring a SW to the party/wb. Again, I am totally for having changes making classes essential for reason X and enriching the tactical depth of skirmishes in RVR.

I am conscious this one is subject to debate. I am fine with this. Just be constructive about your feedbacks and reasons, please!

Let's discuss, Swizz.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Ads