Recent Topics

Ads

[RP/Z] DD specs buff

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
worship

[RP/Z] DD specs buff

Post#1 » Sun May 24, 2020 4:31 pm

Hi,

I've been playing both ddRP and ddZ a lot recently.
While i'm not sure how to reshuffle their trees (and honestly i'm pretty fine with them as they are), and the DD tactics mostly are good as well, the 2 most sad things about DD Z and RP are:
- low base damage on skills;
- inability to bypass opponents resistances, other than M1 or Sweeping Disgorgement on Zealot.

Quick solution until something serious is proposed about the classes rework:
What if both Harbinger of Doom and Rune of Breaking would have "While the HoD/RoB is active, all skills penetrate 50% of enemies' Corp/Ele resistance"? Similar to the Marauder's Piercing Bite, but incorporated into HoD/RoB, and not as separate tactic?
+ remove Corp debuff from Zealot's Sweeping Disgorgement if needed.

Thus, RP will have:
2+1 - pretty viable ganking build: 2 dots, channel, slow on Rune of Immolation. Right now, both dots' and channel ticks' damage is meh.
1+3 - Rune of Battle could be fun with higher damage.

Zealot:
2+1 - insta-Scourge ganking build, now with higher crits.
3+1 - in addition to its utility, now will have good damage. Crits from CA could be deadly.

None of these 4 builds will become OP thanks to that buff, but they'll definitely be much more viable and fun with the resistances penetration.
Plus it won't make any unnecessary impact on other classes, as it buffs only Z/RP damage, and not debuff enemies - easy to tune.

Thanks.

PS: i'm aware that Z has lots of bugged tactics, or that the 2nd tree channel cost is higher than the channels of other classes - here i'm just talking about the way of increasing the damage of DD specs.

Ads