Recent Topics

Ads

SW proposed tweaks

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Corander

SW proposed tweaks

Post#1 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:59 pm

I have a few ideas and some just building on others (Kayin and Fendelphi).See Post Here! I admit I haven't been playing long and don't know all the ins and outs. I'll try to group them up below:

Stance changes
  • Scout Stance - Increase range % to at least 15% and maybe even 25% to compete with Magus range. Since the Magus pet requires cast time and waiting for the buff perhaps cap at 20%. Engineers still have the much longer range Snipe and wouldn't take away from their range boost.
  • Skirmish Stance - Give a passive run speed boost of ~10% even while in combat. The number can be played with but will help compete with the more mobile SH and make Skirmish Stance feel more mobile than the other stances.
Tactic Tweaks
  • Split Arrows - Now also changes the damage type to Spirit in-line with other Elven physical attack boosts. Others have suggested this as well. This is the AE damage tree and is all physical damage. It doesn't get the help of armor bypass like other AE physical attacks. Possibly even make the damage reduction 20-25% instead of 30% to give it a tiny boost as well. SH's Spinterin' Arrers can be updated to match using possibly Corporeal damage for a poison type arrow.
  • Guerilla Tactics - Replace this tactic and move it to the top of the tree. Call it Fragile Glass or Shattered Shards. Glass Arrow now explodes on contact reducing the range of all targets within ~15 feet. The damage does not apply to additional targets only the debuff. Cooldown is doubled and now 10 seconds. This could give SWs some warband tactics of trying to shutdown groups of enemy casters. If you see SWs you'll now have to wonder if they are Scout specced and if you need to have your casters spaced out to avoid all getting shut down. Move the other two tactics down one slot. Granted Destro already complains that WLs can shutdown groups with their AE interrupt. You could remove the interrupt from Echoing Roar. I don't really want to gimp WLs in warband but they already have decent AE damage. This would just switch tactics to bring along SWs. You could even make the skill only useable in Scout Stance. If this should be too imbalanced then give the same ability to SHs. If that happened I wouldn't change Echoing Roar or make it require a stance. Either way one side would probably complain. Order would complain it makes SHs even more powerful.
Possible Warband build with max renown. In this example I'm pretending No Quarter is the new tactic Fragile Glass.RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior

Ads