Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Remove or replace Squig Leap

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
teiloh

[SH] Remove or replace Squig Leap

Post#1 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:21 am

Hi all,

The Squig Herder even on live (before getting tons of buffs) was an extremely strong class. I can understand that there were efforts to "mirror" the classes between WL and SH, but the WL's mirror is probably more precisely the Marauder, which has its own considerable advantages over a WL, particularly in a WB setting.

Arguments:

1) In a perverse way the SH benefits much more from Squig Leap than a WL does Pounce, especially Warbands. Squig Herders have reason to pop in and out of an enemy blob as their role is that of a disrupter as well as AOE DPS, especially since they were given a CD increaser on Indigestion (originally, this was on Bad Gas, if I'm not mistaken - with a 30s cooldown. Still an excellent ability). This has the effect of making Destruction far better in CD increasers (where Order used to be superior thanks to Shatter Limbs), especially when you include the CD increasers on Choppa and Black Orcs. Indigestion's frontal cone is also superior to 30 AOE considering how hard it is for Slayers to get deep into backlines; SH can very easily catch tons of support and healers in a frontal cone now that they are being enabled by Squig Leap.

2) Destro already gained a huge benefit from having what is essentially a third AOE DPS (vs Order's Slayer and WL), prior to the tons of SH buffs that went in. The Squig Armor class ability essentially gives Squig Herders access to an entire secondary class that apes the White Lion, with no answer in either the WL or SW, its mirrors. The ASW being an OK single target MDPS does little to benefit Order. mSH is simply overloaded (11+ abilities in one line, excluding the spec). Even before the buffs, mSH was extremely powerful and I very handily topped damage and DPS charts in cities even when running mSH as a joke. RUN AWAY + Bad Gas + BB was also insanely disruptive. Here, it's even stronger.

3) If it's an issue that the WL had a unique ability, it must be said that Run Away! (ability not tactic) was probably Destro's answer to Pounce - the AOE taunt lasts for 10s no matter how much damage is done to the Squig pet, and while I was playing my RR70 Squig (on live) it stacked with detaunts and other damage reductions, possibly bringing damage down to 1. Not sure if that's the case here as well. The Gobbo RUN AWAY! tactic already makes the SH a supreme mobility/escape character. Squig Leap is overkill on top of overkill.

In summary, Squig Leap makes the SH too mobile, too disruptive and too flexible - on a class that was already extremely strong. And it makes Destro warbands a bit too AOE heavy. If the intent is too not mirror too much, I think this change should be pared back, with Bad Gas or Big Bouncing inserted back into Squig Leap's place.

Ads