Recent Topics

Ads

Proposal: Fixing some stages of T3 Epic "Will of the Warboss"

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Ototo

Proposal: Fixing some stages of T3 Epic "Will of the Warboss"

Post#1 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:10 am

So, I recently did this quest for the 1st time ever, and i was surprised by the toughest quest I ever made in this game. It was so off the table and time consuming, that I simply completed it with the intention to come here and point out a proper balance. For reference, this is the wiki page with all steps listed. I really don't think that the reward is in line with how much time consuming this quest is, and my proposal is to make changes to the quest instead of to the reward (a blue helm with purple stats).

So here I go:

* Step 3
Current:
Kill in Revoltin Gobbos Public Quest :
6 Moonfang Stickpointa
8 Moonfang Headhitta

Proposal:
14 Moonfang Stickpointa or generic Moonfang Goblins
or
Reduce significantly the NPC density in the area

Reasoning:
At the current level of this step, is hardly possible for a character to move inside this PQ unless that is beefy, twinked, or DoK, and Headhittas are buried deep in the PQ protected by other NPCs. Any glass cannon class will have this step nearly negated by the surrounding mob density.

* Step 8
Current:
Click on 20 Barrel Powder at 55.5k/35.5k.
The barrels spawn only during the PQ stage 2

Proposal:
Create a quest specific item for this stage so it's not dependent in the completion of the stage 1 of this PQ
or
Reduce significantly the Stage 1 requirement of this PQ
or
Allow the object to be spawned all the time, but only interactable by people without this quest in stage 2, while people on this quest can interact with it always.

Reasoning:
This is probably one of the most insane quest requirements I have seen EVER. It requires you to kill 85 mobs to progress, which no matter how you look at it: It is insane... Due to this stage been part of a semi-important quest, it's more that likely that every player that come here will be in the situation of killing 85!!! mobs to get a purple-stat helm; you will be leveled up by the time you get it. I can completely tell you that the amount of time required for this step is clearly over the roof. Here you can see a shot of this. As a lovely side consequence of this, the closest chapter to respawn in distance is the one that is the further away from the actual way to reach the PQ, requiring you to take a very long turn around along the other 2 chapters, which would be a better spawn location. I almost left the quest here, and I wouldn't be surprised if people left the quest here often.

* Step 12
Current:
Click 10 times on Sacramental Wine and kill Tipsy Priesterstadt Guard (Champion lvl 28) at 8.6k/39k.
Return to Zabum when complete.

Proposal:
Move the champion to a different location, and/or reduce the amount of persistent NPCs in the area.

Reasoning:
This champ spawns in a PQ tagged as "easy" which has like way too many NPC spawns that persist along all the stages. Like literally, impossible to progress in this stage in a class that requires kiting and/or is a glass cannon, like Sorc in example. The location where the champ spawns is surrounded by 4 mob spawns way too close to allow a serious chance of kiting, and is too deep in a supposedly easy PQ, but that is filled with NPCs that persists along all stages, so not even clearing PQ stages or completing it will make this easier for a chance to kite. Glass cannons will have it very rough, if doable at all, at the suggested level of the quest.
Spoiler:

Ads