Recent Topics

Ads

Knights of Blazing Sun, Minor tweak suggestions.

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Gottschalt

Knights of Blazing Sun, Minor tweak suggestions.

Post#1 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:42 am

Hello there, it's me, Gotsalty with another fantastic suggestion on the line. (Though I am not sure I can credit the toggleable auras as my idea). These suggestion pertain to the changes made. With bit of rambling from myself.

Smashing counter
-Restore "Requires block or parry" requisite
-Optionally reduce the cooldown by 5 seconds along with the block and parry requisite.

Reasoning and Rambling: actually like the fact that Shining blade and Smashing Counter swapped placed. SB does feel like a 'primer' ability perfectly fit for core abilities, but there is one thing terribly wrong with smashing counter.
It isn't really counter now isn't it? Needs to change. Knights are pretty strong archetype, having no resources to juggle, but instead offering free buffs and debuffs merely by being there. So having put the KD in to a tree is nice move, but it could retain its original requirements too.

Tactic: Well-Trained
-Instead of affecting Smashing Counter, change that to Crippling Blow
-Alternatively, make it affect Shining Blade

Reasoning: Well-trained is one of the few AP reduction tactics, this one aimed for core abilities. So, affecting smashing counter is kinda odd with the RoR change. Considering it was affecting a CC move, I think the logical course is to make it affect another core CC move instead and that is Crippling Blow.
Though it could also affect Shining Blade instead, since they got swapped.

Minor cosmetic complain is the way bolster buff clearance leaves hotbar'ed auras with the highlighted borders on. It's a minor thing and definitely should belong in the very bottom of fix-priority lists.

Ads