Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [Sorc] Gloom of Night

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Tosher85

[Review] [Sorc] Gloom of Night

Post#1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:38 pm

This ability has no practical use due to the fact that:
1. The cast time is 2 seconds;
2. This ability has a long cooldown time(especially considering how the disrupt works).

My suggestion, which may make the use of this ability justified, is as follows:
1. Make this an instant cast ability;
2. Move GoN to destruction tree(since it applies an AOE dmg). You can probably swap it with Black Horror(since this ability needs to be reworked too);
3. Reduce the cooldown to 0 seconds(?);
4. Reduce the duration to 9 seconds(?).
Paragraphs 3 and 4 of the proposal need to be tested. But, given the fact that the ability doesn't do much damage(370 critical damage to unguarded target, with 100 dark magic), it can all look quite viable.

Next, I would like to propose a small change to Black Horror ability. It is not used due to lack of useful damage and/or effect. I perfectly understand, that this is not on topic. And since i proposed to move this ability to Calamity tree, it should be changed in such a way as to fit the concept of this tree.
So, let's go directly to the proposal:
1. Make BH a single target ability;
2. Make it 2 seconds cast ability;
3. Leave the damage at the same level, as it is comparable to damage from other abilities with 2 seconds cast;
4. The additional effect of this ability can be modified or changed as follows: deals an additional amount(?) of damage over 9 seconds;
5. Increase the cooldown to 10 seconds.

Faithfuly yours, Shooga.

Ads
dansari

Re: [Sorc] Gloom of Night

Post#2 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:37 am

Moving to discussions. Currently, moving skills around between trees isn't possible, but could be brought up again after client control.

Personally, I think moving GoN to instant cast is good, but don't think the cooldown should be removed. Why would you want BH moved to single target? Does destro have an aoe init debuff besides this?
<Salt Factory>

daniilpb

Post#3 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:45 am

dansari wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:37 am Does destro have an aoe init debuff besides this?
Marauder
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

dansari

Post#4 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:46 am

daniilpb wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:45 am
dansari wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:37 am Does destro have an aoe init debuff besides this?
Marauder
oh duh thanks
<Salt Factory>

Bozzax

Re: [Sorc] Gloom of Night [Close Date May 19]

Post#5 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:52 am

I’d bump it to 13pts and restore it to DD that proc since it was ID mirror. 2s cast makes sense then.
Spoiler:
(Makes a lot of sense imo since BW has FB at 13 and a tac for making them stronger)

Possibly add it it to 11pts chilling gusts proc that also is very weak.

Nice side effect would be self heal being more accessible for solo play just like BW version. Lastly BWs have more abilities available (off cd and more abilities) to ST pressure rotation and this would make the sorc less ability starved (compared to BW)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Aurandilaz

Post#6 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:09 pm

I'd say make it more like Detonate (BW mirror), meaning 0 sec cast time and keeping both with 10 sec CD. Currently not even using mid tree on Sorc with my AoE spec (you want ID for fast mechanic build for more SP use), GoN was useful in the past for clearing tank challenges when you were able to cast reliably on them, now you don't stand still for 2 seconds and pray to RNGesus that it might actually land. The dmg was even laughable back then, but it was somewhat useful for that Challenge clearing. (Sorc lacks Wildfire + LF dmg procs that help BW clear Challenge so GoN was one of the main instruments against Challenge) Meanwhile Detonate is useful for BW, because you can cast it on move, and while the dmg isn't noticeable, it allows more Flashfire procs plus aids with Challenge clearing.

We had lengthy discussion on Black Horror a while ago, the ability is waste of Mastery point atm, up to devs if they want to salvage it one way or another at some point, maybe that is waiting for client control too.

daniilpb

Post#7 » Sat May 05, 2018 2:44 pm

I wouldn’t use that skill (Gloom of Night) even if it had 0 seconds cast, just a waste of GCD which will fail your damage spike.
Also no sense spending mastery point for it.
And this is not possible to move skill/tactics from one tree to another currently without client control.
The skill is luckluster and cast time/cooldown changes won’t help it. You need it to have reliable damage or good debuffs/buffs then it would be worth using.
Last edited by daniilpb on Sat May 05, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.

dansari

Post#8 » Sat May 05, 2018 4:39 pm

Referring to GoN? What would make it worthwhile at 5pt then?
<Salt Factory>

Ads
daniilpb

Post#9 » Sat May 05, 2018 5:08 pm

dansari wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:39 pm Referring to GoN? What would make it worthwhile at 5pt then?
If would be a ST ability then any of these:
Out-going heal debuff (not a fun of it since Sorc is useless against healers currently);
Disrupt chance debuff;
Build times increaser.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.

Toldavf

Post#10 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:30 pm

spamable instant cast aoe pulse? To powerful, its not a dot so its overlapping damage would be crazy.

I'm imagining ranged ID from what you describe.

2nd option looks like a slightly better blue fire of tzeentch which is a bit of a nerf for a skill that was basically shattered shadows with a debuff not a great skill when bombing but usable under the right circumstances.

Last time i checked blue fire was aweful, but haunt given magus a run out lately.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-