Recent Topics

Ads

Zealot/Runepriest Granted Abilities

For proposals that have been rejected.
footpatrol2

Zealot/Runepriest Granted Abilities

Post#1 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:10 pm

The Issue
So I don't currently know the exact mechanic on how the damage is calculated for the Granted abilities buffs of Zealot/Runepriest Marks/Runes. What I am specifically talking about is the granted ability damage from:

Zealot
Mark of the Spell Destroyer, damage ability name: Spell Destroyer
Mark of the Vortex, damage ability name: Vortex
Mark of the Daemonic Fury, damage ability name: Daemonic Fury.

Runepriest
Oath Rune of Warding, damage ability name: Rune of Warding
Oath Rune of Iron, damage ability name: Rune of Iron
Oath Rune of Power, damage ability name: Rune of Power

The issue is it seems these abilities are affected by the intel of the buffed target, not of the buffer. The spec points of the buffer also seem to contribute.

For example:
A runepriests buff's a slayer with Oath of Iron. The slayer has garbage intelligence so the granted ability damage is garbage.
A runepriests buff's a Bright Wizard with Oath of Iron. The Bright Wizard has good intelligence so the granted ability damage is decent.

The 2nd issue is the cooldown on these abilities. These are good concept abilities. But the long hardset cooldown of a full minute makes these granted abilities basically never used.

Damage on Granted Abilities Solutions:
Solution 1:
Have the granted ability damage be purely tied to spec point allotment of the buffer, independant of any intelligence.
Slightly uninteresting, but better then it currently is

Solution 2:
Have the granted ability damage dependant on the intelligence of the buffer and spec point allotment of the buffer at the time of when it was buffed.
More interesting

For example:
You would want to pop your mechanic of Rune of Breaking or Harbringer of Doom to increase your intelligence at the time of buffing to increase the granted ability damage portion of your buffs.

I personally favor solution 2 over solution 1. This is borderline bug tracker worthy. I don't remember the exact way the granted ability damage was calculated from AoR so I thought I'd put this up for proposal. I'd hate to see these abilities changed dramatically.

Cooldown on Granted Abilities Solutions:
To make the Granted abilities more attractive for use decrease the hardset 1 minute cooldown.
We could decrease the cooldown of the granted abilities to:

Solution 1: 30 sec cooldown

Solution 2: 20 sec cooldown

Solution 3: 10 sec cooldown

Solution 4: No Change, leave it as a 1 minute cooldown

A 10 sec cooldown on granted abilities might seem too much and actually make the granted abilities overperform? I favor solution 1 as a initial starting point over solution 2,3 and 4.

Ads
Penril

Re: Zealot/Runepriest Granted Abilities

Post#2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:35 pm

Moving to Discussions. Though I have no clue if we need client control for this; if so, I will have to lock the discussion.

EDIT: Yup, not possible atm. Declining.