Recent Topics

Ads

[Declined] [Magus] Daemons and mechanics

For proposals that have been rejected.
Azerreth

[Declined] [Magus] Daemons and mechanics

Post#1 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:37 am

Im going to be pretty short, or I should say im going to attempt really hard to be short and sweet with the point of this article because there is not alot to shove out. I feel one of the main issues with the Magus and why they don't seem to compare to their mirror the engie is because of their mechanic/daemons.

Magus's daemons are kind of in an odd spot because they are a Pet but function similarly to the turret of the engie, However they dont attack as fast or as often for as hard. They are negligible and often times can be completely ignored to a degree that an engie and his turret can not be. Now the simple fix for the Issues with Daemons is to make them do the same amount of damage, and do it as often as the engie's turret. However Im going to propose something else which is a bit different, leaning in to make them a Partial mirror rather than a semi-exact mirror class. The daemons can take alot of abuse which is sometimes useful but why not give them the ability to move, making them more like a Squig or Lion. Now before everyone goes on the "We have two pet class's I don't want another" hear me out, Bring the Daemons life and defenses up to par with the lions and make them more about CC and utility. Their damage is already in a grey area so why not make them more based around assisting in preventing the enemy from getting to the caster, or in some cases saving a friendly.

Now While this could be good in the way of changes and fit thematically to the the magus, the one thing that must be stressed is unlike the lion or the Squig you want their pet to stay with the caster. Or you want them to be within X amount of feet from their master, perhaps 30ft or so? Have them offer defenses and passive benefits based on the Daemon which can buff either damage, or protections. To go along with this the Magus should get a little stationary Daemon who like the Engie's "Bugman's Best" should heal them and allies in their party that are near them. This would give them the same treatment as an engie but make them different enough to be more akin to their lore, and their own sort of niche. The closest Comparison I can make would be the Warlock from World of warcraft and and how their daemons follow them around, while also buffering their respective trees.

Example of buffs:

Pink Horror: Increases the caster range by X amount, while increasing their damage by X amount. While having this daemon active your long ranged, or long cast time abilities are made 25% - 50% percent faster. The pet's skills can stay as they are unless they are deemed unfit for this type of role, in which case change away.

Blue horror: Increases the caster's armor/toughness by X amount, while also increasing the potency of their close ranged spells making them reflect 10%-20% of the damage dealt to the caster back to its source of origin. The pet's skills can again stay the same unless seen fit for change.

Flamer of Tzeentch: Increases the Magical critical chance by X amount, while also Increasing the casters Magical power by X amount. This pet also buff's the party of the caster with an increased chance to Crit by X Amount, as well as a slight Spiritual resistance buff.

The biggest part of this is giving the magus some of the skills and utility they lack to make them more akin to something of their own niche, while keeping them in line with the engie and other class's in game. The only skill's the engie has to my knowledge that a Magus does not is bugmans best , and cannons smash.

Bugman's Best: You carefully unpack a mini-keg of rare and precious Bugman's Finest Stout with reverential awe. For the next 15 seconds, the faint vapors escaping from the keg will rejuvenate any allies within 30 feet of it, restoring x health every 3 seconds. You dream of the day that the brew will be aged enough to actually tap and drink.

Canon Smash: A massive cannonball smashes into your target, dealing x damage and knocking them down for 5 seconds. The victim's armor is reduced by x for 30 seconds.

Making Equivalent skills to mirror these would be a nice addition, considering we are supposed to be a mirror to the Engie yet we have nothing like these skills in our kits. Daemons on the move would offer alot in the way of team play, however its not enough to make them more desired over a sorc or another dps. Perhaps give them some form of passive buffs for when they are alongside a party, not an Aura or zealot buff perhaps the daemons themselves buff the party. Maybe they offer higher moral gain or significant defensive attributes to the casters group.

This is merely a concept/Idea and I'd love for others to throw on what they think should or should not be added, I dont feel as though this concept is perfect by any means and the numbers and distances ect are all subjective. Feel free to give some input if you like the Idea OR feel free to add on if I missed something. Thank you for your time

Ads
Gerv
Banned

Re: [Magus] Daemons and mechanics

Post#2 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:01 pm

This will be declined because this post appeals to the mirror of the magus class and does not clearly identify the proposal that is being suggested, unfortunately this forum is not the place to have a concept idea and build. You need to come with a plan, with evidence why it is an issue and supporting points as to your proposal.
Gerv.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.