Recent Topics

Ads

[Declined] Racial Group Fixing (OverArching)

For proposals that have been rejected.
footpatrol2

[Declined] Racial Group Fixing (OverArching)

Post#1 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:11 am

The Issue
Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning has been slowly distancing itself from racial groups ever since patch 1.3. This is a attempt to choose a different design direction then mythic decided to conduct. Why would restoring this be a good thing? This makes all classes wanted even un-traditional spec lines. This restore's the viability of morale 4's into actually being used. The things racial groups can conduct are highly unique and fun. This makes the game more diverse and expands the meta.

Almost everything I am writing is rollbacks on key specific abilities/game mechanics. Everything that is written about has existed at one time in the life of AoR. The only real change is how morale's/abilities stack on players.

Game Mechanics

Morale gain
Install Age of Reckoning Morale gain rate broken down as the following.
You gain 6 morale baseline as a solo player. For each group member that join's your group you gain a additional 6 morale for a total of 36 morale per sec for a full group. If and only if, you have a full group of 6 same race member's you gain a 30% boost to your morale which is a total of 48 morale per sec. 30% additional morale gain for same race groups were available from the beginning of the game and up until the new renown rank system. It existed in the form of a renown tactic.
Remove Azareal's morale nerf to include his morale tactic scaler's.

Morale drain upon death of a nearby player
Upon a player’s death all friendly nearby players within 30 ft of the player that died loses X morale.

Racial Morale Stacking Rule (NEW)
All Racial m1, m2, m3, m4 morale's that provide a group effect only stacks on group members that are of the same race. Archetype morale's are unaffected. Example:
Spoiler:
Sprout carapace is used by a chosen in a full group. Group composition is one Dark elf One greenskin and 3 other chaos faction players in his group. The Dark elf and Greenskin does not benefit from the morale effects of sprout carapace but the 4 chaos faction players do because they are the same race as the chosen.
Specific Class Fixes

Dwarves
Runepriest: Make Mountain Spirit m2 brought back to last 30 sec’s effects only dwarves players.
Ironbreaker: Make Gromril Plating m3 brought back to effect the entire group effects only dwarves players.

High Elves
White Lion: Pack Assault ability group effect only stacks on high elf players.
Archmage: Bolstering Boon tactic only effects high elf players.

Empire
Knight: Bring back Destroy Confidence tactic but without its ranged component.
Shining Blade ability group effect only stacks on empire players.
Bright Wizard: Flames of Ruin group buff can only stacks on empire players.
Restore Crown of Fire tactic to work as the tool tip reads.

Dark Elves
Blackguard: Keep None Shall Pass as a 5 point ability.
Note: This is VERY important for dark elf groups.
Sorcerer: Frozen Touch group buff only stacks on dark elf players.
Restore Frozen Fury tactic to work as the tool tip reads.
Disciple of Khaine: Swap Efficient Patching tactic with Restored Motivation tactic.
Change Efficient Patching tactic to restore essence grants the target 250 morale only effects dark elf players.
1001 blessings m4 brought back to 30 second duration but only affects dark elf players.
Allow Khaine's Withdrawal m2 to cleanse everything, even curses. Note: Not subject to Racial morale stacking rule.

Chaos
Chosen: Swap Sprout Carapace with Impenetrable Armor like it used to be. Tooth of Tzeentch group effect only stacks on chaos players.
Zealots: Change Eye of Sheerian to a 100ft group heal that pulses for 500 health every 3 sec’s over a time period of 9 sec’s like it used to be.

Greenskinz
Shaman: Ere we go only stacks on greenskin players.

Conclusion
I’m suggesting to get back what we had lost as the game changed with a different design approach to what mythic decided to do, along with the least amount of deviation. How does this change make all classes wanted even un-traditional spec lines? Decision's on making a group comp now has another element like it used too. Do you want max morale gain in your group comp with all the toys that comes with it? Example: A sorc's ingame power level is now some-what tied to the Bg. A Vaul Am's can make use of (Law of age/Rain lord) to replace the need of a knight's aura's while maintaining higher morale gain for a HE group.

There is a lot of combo's here that would require pages to write about. I assume players know enough about the game to see those combo's. I can't list all of them here. Most of what I listed is stacking issue's and morale's, which is why morale gain rate is so important. Defensive morale cycle's, Proc meta, Morale pumping is limited by race. Mixed proc meta is still nerfed maybe even more so. Morale 4's are a viable option for mixed and racial. The morale gain rate is as fundamental to this game's design as is having the correct base action point feed rate. If the base action point feed rate was 1/3rd of the value of its correct setting how balanced would this game be?

I’m sure I have missed some stuff but this is the big stuff. There is a ton more I'd like to list but I cut all the fat off.

Ads
Gerv
Banned

Re: [Declined] Racial Group Fixing (OverArching)

Post#2 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:14 am

This stacking rule is not currently not technically possible for the staff to code to specific races.
Gerv.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.