Recent Topics

Ads

Quick Escape redesigned

For proposals that have been rejected.
Miszczu5647

Quick Escape redesigned

Post#1 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:45 pm

I would seriously talk about renown skills such as Cleansing Wind, Resolute Defenses and Quick Escape. All those skills have similar issues and was poorly designed as solution for soloers (I don't say that soloing is bad thing as such) by making it a lot easier. Also, as these skill are so important to every class, they take flavor from different class and make everything flat (no different play style on different classes). On the other hand smaller groups should have some tools to engage and disengage against bigger groups (guerrilla tactics).

Second will be Quick Escape.

Issues
1. Easy to use.
CW require no skill to use. Trying to run from battle? Just wait for proc. And as dmg refresh this skill it's poor RNG.

2. No counter play.
QE is almost impossible to counter (ranged cc skills have some value here). If someone want to dps guy with QE it's only fuel this skill. Combined with RD and we have unstoppable runner.

Solution
Add to every level of QE something like this:

When this skill disappear (NOT dispelled by using one of your skills) it puts on you 2 seconds 40% snare (after fast run you are exhausted, is't it?). This snare could not be breakable (imagine for example: QE+Fleet Footed with Swift Pursuit+Flee wit AP potion = From IC to Altdorf with speed boost). This way it won't be so easy to use as you will need carefully evaluate all your surroundings (as you will be snared and the end). Also it is self countered by build in disadvantage.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Ads
Penril

Re: Quick Escape redesigned

Post#2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:50 pm

Declining. The issues raised don't really convince me. "Easy to use" can be said about a bazillion skills in this game, and QE definitely has counter plays.