Recent Topics

Ads

[Herder] Path of Stabbin' Horned Squig

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Grunbag
Former Staff

[Herder] Path of Stabbin' Horned Squig

Post#1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:45 pm

I noticed that during beta, horned squig and gaz squig got their bonus switched : horned squig gave armor bonus and gaz squig gave +10% range bonus
The pet is actually a big choice in the Path of stabbin' build, since you need the armor bonus.

Issue : The squig pet

For a unknown reason , Mythics have exchange horned squig and gaz squig's bonus. Gaz squig is the weakest (survivability) squig and take his bonus from BS and WS but actually this is the one you chose for the armor bonus in squig armor, and he is a ranged squig. Gas squig die too quickly, stay sometimes too far away from herder, and his bonus are not in line with the path of stabbin'.
When you take a look at Horned squig, it takes his bonus from strength and toughness and he his stronger against melee attack, plus it is a melee squig, so better for melee Squig Herder tactic/abilities bonus.

Solution for Squig Pet Issue

Switch back armor bonus to horned squig and +10% range bonus to gaz squig.

Using Horned squig will add more survivability to Squig Herder because having a stronger melee pet would makes 'Ere Squiggy! tactic working better.

The horned squig would be more often near you than a weak (survivability) 100ft ranged squig that stay sometimes out of 'Ere Squiggy! tactic radius (45ft), would not die quickly (200% armor for horned squig while Gaz squig have 100% armor) in the melee.
Here the horned squig and gas squig statistic in RoR :

Horned Squig

Armor: 200%
Resistances: 50%
Hit Points: 100%
Weapon DPS: Squig Herder's ranged slot and main hand DPS

Gas Squig

Base Range: 100ft
Armor: 100%
Resistances: 100%
Hit Points: 60%
Weapon DPS: Squig Herder's ranged slot DPS

Also, Git Em!'s damage bonus will be more efficient with a melee squig and, at the same time, make Sharp Toofs tactic more attractive.
Also the bonus received from strength, wounds and toughness to Horned squig would be more in line with stabbin tree and SA bonus.
While the bonus received from BS and WS to gaz squig will be more In line with big shootin tree.

Here horned squig and gaz squig at AoR Beta: (source: http://forums.jeuxonline.info/showthread.php?t=919514 the website is in french but the abilities and their tooltip are in english, also here you can read how was horned squig and gas squig at beta/release : http://warhammercheats.blogspot.fr/2008 ... eview.html , i can link more website if needed.)

Horned Squig Buff
Core Ability Level 8
60 Action Points
2s cast 30s cooldown
You may only have 1 active pet
Summons a Horned squig pet which you can order around. This pet deals more damage than a basic squig. It is strong against physical attacks, but weak against magic.
This pet receives a bonus to Strength equal to your bonus from items. This pet receives a bonus to Toughness and Wounds that is 50% of your bonus from items.
Your armor is increased by 100% as long as this squig is alive. Cooldown will begin when you lose control of your pet for any reason.

Gaz Squig Buff
Core Ability Level 9
60 Action Points
2s cast 30s cooldown
You may only have 1 active pet
Summons a Gas squig pet which you can order around. This pet attacks from range, but is very weak to attacks.
This pet receives a bonus to Ballistic Skill and Weapon Skill equal to your bonus from items.
The maximum range of your bow attacks is increased by 10% as long as this squig is alive. Cooldown will begin when you lose control of your pet for any reason.

Mythic changed their bonus at release : (source : https://www.engadget.com/2008/09/05/war ... tch-notes/)

Thanks for havig a look,

Grunbag
Last edited by Grunbag on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Thayli

Re: [Squig Herder] Path of Stabbin' Proposal

Post#2 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:50 pm

While you do touch upon some valid issues here, there's simply a few too many to discuss in a single thread. To avoid chaos and cherry-picking, split up your proposal so you focus on a single issue or mechanic. Make separate proposals if you have to. For example, you could identify issues with a mastery path in one, but a core mechanic in another. Just keep in mind that to keep things fair, we most likely won't move more than one to discussions at once. You have 2 weeks to edit.
Grunbag wrote:For a unknown reason , horned squig and gaz squig have exchange their bonus.

Due to the way these proposals work, you will have to provide some proof on this one. If you think it is a bug, it belongs on the bugtracker.
Thayli - SH
Thlayli - SQ

[Phalanx]

Thayli

Re: [Squig Herder] Path of Stabbin' Proposal : Horned Squig

Post#3 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Moving to discussions.
Thayli - SH
Thlayli - SQ

[Phalanx]

NSKaneda

Post#4 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Gas squig gives aoe healing. Its attacks are aoe. Combined with armour bonus it gives serious edge both in pve and pvp. Also the skills work at middle range so giving it +10% range is silly IMO.

Horned squig has got slow autoattack, is single target and with added punt it's usability as #1 stabitty squig is dubious at best. It works best as squig bodyguard to punt away CQ mdps.

Please do not screw anymore with class mechanics :(
Last edited by NSKaneda on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

porkstar

Post#5 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:58 pm

I like the concept and basically agree with wot you say. The horned squig KB is still a concern if you are mdps because of the knock back. I've thought about this sometimes myself. I think additionally the standard squig should also provide a melee bonus maybe +50% armor and +15% damage within 20ft or something like that. The uncontrollable KB abd KD are basically the weak points of this suggestion.

Edit: On second thought, leaving all other squigs as they are and tweaking standard squig to synergize with squig armor might be the best way.
Last edited by porkstar on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#6 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:39 pm

My thoughts was : why run a squig that recieve Ballistic and WS bonus from your bonus item , when you are looking for strength stats , toughness and wound ? Horned squig would be really stronger with additional Strenght / toughness/wound bonus from herder item even if he has low autoattack .
Horned squig is like a bodyguard indeed , but maybe that would be great for melee sh to have a strong bodyguard , especially if your slotting Ere squig .

Running a melee squig just for a KB when you're ranged spec is not bad but it would not increase your squig power (when your squig needs Strenght item bonus) and you'd give a great dps bonus to the Gaz squig that need BS bonus .

NSKaneda

Post#7 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:46 pm

For melee bodyguard on CQ you've got your regular squig with taunt skill + gas squig with armour, aoe dps and healing.

Horned one gets the WS and BS bonus because it's best suited for Big Shooting skills and playstyle (spiked in turn is best for quick shooting). Horned squig is not for melee - when you're shooting on long range with +10 range (think sieges) your pet running around is prone to either die quickly or exploit. That's why horned squig has got +10 range AND punt - to keep enemy away from you.

It's like asking for grenade turret to receive +10 range. This is not the turret you're looking for, move along ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#8 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:53 pm

NSKaneda wrote:For melee bodyguard on CQ you've got your regular squig with taunt skill + gas squig with armour, aoe dps and healing.

Horned one gets the WS and BS bonus because it's best suited for Big Shooting skills and playstyle (spiked in turn is best for quick shooting). Horned squig is not for melee - when you're shooting on long range with +10 range (think sieges) your pet running around is prone to either die quickly or exploit. That's why horned squig has got +10 range AND punt - to keep enemy away from you.

It's like asking for grenade turret to receive +10 range. This is not the turret you're looking for, move along ;)
I think you're mistaken , horned squig doesn't gets the WS and the BS bonus but receives a bonus to Strength equal to your bonus from items. This pet receives a bonus to Toughness and Wounds that is 50% of your bonus from items.

The one that get the bonus from WS and BS is the Gaz squig actually . Thats the whole start of my proposal .

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#9 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:54 pm

I see your point. I disagree, but I see it ;)

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Grunbag wrote:
I think you're mistaken , horned squig doesn't gets the WS and the BS bonus but receives a bonus to Strength equal to your bonus from items. This pet receives a bonus to Toughness and Wounds that is 50% of your bonus from items.

The one that get the bonus from WS and BS is the Gaz squig actually . Thats the whole start of my proposal .

Indeed Horned Squigh receive equal bonus from Ballistic skill turn into strengh one since 14/10/16

As Azarael posted in patchnotes 14/10/16

Squig Herder

- The Horned Squig now receives a Strength bonus equal to the caster's Ballistic Skill from items rather than the caster's Strength.

Unless this change was reverted, and i didn't read... i think it is still like stated in those patchnotes.