Recent Topics

Ads

[Downloads] Return of Reckoning Language Packs

Let's talk about... everything else
ChrisM

Re: [Downloads] Return of Reckoning Language Packs

Post#41 » Mon May 09, 2016 3:19 pm

Is it somehow possible to extract the soundfiles, so that I could play them separately? I really liked the German sound effects, voices and sayings from the goblin NPCs.

If you need anyone with German as first language for proofreading of the German texts, feel free to contact me via PM.

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Post#42 » Mon May 09, 2016 3:58 pm

I would imagine if you extract the files within the .myp files, you should be able to.

Tarum

Post#43 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:06 pm

Hello, thanks for bringing back this awesome game!
I was trying to setup the voices in Italian and I had no luck. I still have the original CDs (not installed), is there a way to find vo_italian.myp there?
Cheers

perche

Post#44 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:24 pm

Tarum wrote:Hello, thanks for bringing back this awesome game!
I was trying to setup the voices in Italian and I had no luck. I still have the original CDs (not installed), is there a way to find vo_italian.myp there?
Cheers
no, the original cd only has the voice in english, another languages like italian or spanish go out a pair of moths after of release in a patch, with spanish voice we has luck cause a old ppl keep the client of goa in a old hdd.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

Tarum

Post#45 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:39 pm

perche wrote:
Tarum wrote:Hello, thanks for bringing back this awesome game!
Cheers
no, the original cd only has the voice in english, another languages like italian or spanish go out a pair of moths after of release in a patch, with spanish voice we has luck cause a old ppl keep the client of goa in a old hdd.
Thanks for the information, I guess I will play it in English than :)

Tarum

Post#46 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:06 pm

Probably I'm asking something impossible:
I really enjoyed play WAR in Italian (quest text) the first months, expecially because I can't understand (even written) Dwarven or Orcish, it's pretty complicated and I can't immerse myself in the world.

I know somwhere there's the Italian quest translation as I plaid it, Is there a chance to mod the game so there's also quest translation in my language even if the server is in English?
Maybe a mod, or an extra option you could make?
Thanks!

Elven
Former Staff

Post#47 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:12 pm

Best bet is to find someone who has the vo_Italian.myp. Tell them to contact me and provide a download link of that file. Then I can put an Italian client together.

Note: Quest texts will remain English until scripted on server. The UI and voices will be Italian.

Aven

Post#48 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:46 pm

Simple question : I guess the fact that a lot of quests are still in English isn't a matter of language pack but simply that their translated version is simply not in the DB?
Avenflar, Zealot, Athel Loren, RR Icompletelyforgotbynow

Ads
Tarum

Post#49 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:51 pm

Elven wrote:Best bet is to find someone who has the vo_Italian.myp. Tell them to contact me and provide a download link of that file. Then I can put an Italian client together.

Note: Quest texts will remain English until scripted on server. The UI and voices will be Italian.

I can get used to English voices, my only concern is that I really find hard to read quest and immerse myself in the game when the Quests are written in English...
Is there a far chance to have quests in my language even locally?
Thanks for your quick answer anyway!

Elven
Former Staff

Post#50 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:17 am

Tarum wrote: I can get used to English voices, my only concern is that I really find hard to read quest and immerse myself in the game when the Quests are written in English...
Is there a far chance to have quests in my language even locally?
Thanks for your quick answer anyway!
No, unfortunately. The client doesn't handle any of the database related content. It requests all the information from the server side, so the client only has limited language content which is for UI/voices/commands.