Ads

An Idea for keep rewards

Let's talk about... everything else
drmordread
Suspended

An Idea for keep rewards

Post#1 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:10 pm

So here is how keep takes work in real game time

1. Warband shows up and starts and starts hitting door.
2. Opposing side stays away to deny enemy xp/rr/inf bonus and medallions ... or
2a. Opposing side comes but fights ganks outside the walls, because the game only rewards if the fights take place inside the inner keep. This way even if keep is taken, enemy is denied xp/rr/inf bonuses and medallions.
NOTE: The groups that come to fight/gank outside the walls are groups that have primarily already made their needed medallions during the first three to four days of constant zergfest when t3 opened up. They have already gained and as they fight under armored and under armed pug wb's, rarely have anything to lose.

Very discouraging!
In 8 keep takes I received 2 medallions. While end game gear should hard to get (even when end game is t3 atm) it should still be possible within a reasonable amount of time. And God forbid some hackers cause another char wipe of gear, people will give up on large scale open RvR and just do sc's. (Where BTW the new formula for medallions works like a charm and I love it).

Here is the idea;
All keep takes reward 1 medallion.

IF POSSIBLE (I do not know code so I dont know if this is possible); make it so X amount of earned RR at a keep take (before keep lord dies) equals an additional medallion.
Example;
0 to 500 rr = 1 additional medallion (1)
501 to 1500 rr = 2 additional medallions (2)
1501 or more rr = 3 additional medallions

Same formula can be applied to keep defense. If a keep is successfully defended medallions awarded using the above formula.

(1): most keep takes rarely involve more than 500 earned rr, not counting keep lord's death/keep capture.
(2): on the rare occasion that more rr is earned unless a fight goes on for an hour no one makes 1500 rr or more. If fights last that long well .... rewarding massive long term RvR is a good thing to do. No? :)

Again, just an idea. I do not know how to code so I dont even know if this is possible.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
Abolition

Re: An Idea for keep rewards

Post#2 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:31 pm

Or, remove medallion drops from scenarios.
Currently, we are able to double dip for currency by running scenarios.

Scenarios = scenario (emblem) currency
ORVR = PvP (medallion) currency

People will be incentivised to do ORVR for medallions and ORVR won't be dead like it has been the past few nights.
Image Abolition | Image AboGroupHeals | Image DontEatMe Bro

drmordread
Suspended

Post#3 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:34 pm

Abolition wrote:Or, remove medallion drops from scenarios.

People will be incentivised to do ORVR for medallions and ORVR won't be dead like it has been the past few nights.

You can not force people to play one aspect over another. That is just wrong. And taking rewards away from sc's so that people do RvR is forcing someone to play a certain way. Just wrong.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Penril

Post#4 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:43 pm

drmordread wrote: 2a. Opposing side comes but fights ganks outside the walls, because the game only rewards if the fights take place inside the inner keep. This way even if keep is taken, enemy is denied xp/rr/inf bonuses and medallions.
NOTE: The groups that come to fight/gank outside the walls are groups that have primarily already made their needed medallions during the first three to four days of constant zergfest when t3 opened up. They have already gained and as they fight under armored and under armed pug wb's, rarely have anything to lose.
Defending side usually ganks/fights outside the walls because postern doors dont work. Getting inside your own keep can be very difficult when there is a zerg between outer and inner doors. Once postern doors work you will see much more groups using them and fight from the sides of the keep.

Abolition

Post#5 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:56 pm

Penril wrote: Defending side usually ganks/fights outside the walls because postern doors dont work. Getting inside your own keep can be very difficult when there is a zerg between outer and inner doors. Once postern doors work you will see much more groups using them and fight from the sides of the keep.
I believe that postern doors may have been hotfixed in the past day or two (haven't been on much). I could be wrong, however.

drmordread wrote: You can not force people to play one aspect over another. That is just wrong. And taking rewards away from sc's so that people do RvR is forcing someone to play a certain way. Just wrong.
That's your opinion. There has always been gear that required you to grind SCs and there's always been gear that required you to grind ORVR. Should we receive INF rewards by doing scenarios too? Because I would be 100% down with that. Grinding INF on three different toons is brutal in these dead ORVR zones.

To me, the most ideal situation would be the (re)introduction of keep loot bags. For an undefended keep there would be minimal (zero or one) gold bags, and it would scale accordingly with the level of defence in place.
The defensive keep tick would likewise reward defenders with loot bags.
I believe that on Live there was a loot bag system like this. If I recall correctly (I quit at the Skaven update), defence loot rolls always rewarded less bags than keep captures?

I'm assuming that the devs have looked into loot bags and there's a reason why they aren't in the game, so this paragraph is a moot point.

Also, I do believe a Suggestions forum exists for topics such as this.
Last edited by Abolition on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antalor

Post#6 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:57 pm

I have easier way than this stupidly "rights"... Remove Medallions.. Remove Emblems.. Add War Crests..
''If we die, we will die wielding our swords and there is no better death for a warrior. We will all sit at Sigmar's banquet like the heroes of old and our names will be remembered in the songs of our people till the end of time.''

Abolition

Post#7 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:59 pm

Antalor wrote:I have easier way than this stupidly "rights"... Remove Medallions.. Remove Emblems.. Add War Crests..
What were the crests again? There was so many different types of currency in this game that it's all a little muddy in my memory.
Were they a currency that combined the two so you could spend them on Set Gear and SC Weapons?
Last edited by Abolition on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azuzu

Post#8 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:59 pm

drmordread wrote:
You can not force people to play one aspect over another. That is just wrong. And taking rewards away from sc's so that people do RvR is forcing someone to play a certain way. Just wrong.

People do what's more rewarding, right now SCs are more rewarding because they give two currency types, both Medals for armor and Emblems for weapons. SCs also make it easier to find and kill people quickly, so it's a more efficient way of farming. So using your argument, your "forcing" people to do SCs if they want the most efficient and quickest way to rewards. During our time zone at night the RvR lakes have been empty, while there are 3 - 4 SCs running at a time.

By removing Medals from SCs your making both forms of PvP equally rewarding. You do oRvR for Medals (armor) and SCs for Emblems (weapons).
Penril wrote:Defending side usually ganks/fights outside the walls because postern doors dont work. Getting inside your own keep can be very difficult when there is a zerg between outer and inner doors. Once postern doors work you will see much more groups using them and fight from the sides of the keep.
I'm sure fixing pasterns is a HUGE priority fix for the devs. It's one of the most important parts of open RvR.
Suzu

Twitch: Watch The Big Ole Critties!

Suzu's UI: My UI

Ads
zabis

Post#9 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:01 pm

drmordread wrote:
Abolition wrote:Or, remove medallion drops from scenarios.

Should you be rewarded emblems in oRvR? Because right now you are FORCED to participate in scenarios to attain the emblem weapons.
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.