Recent Topics

Ads

Why are watrior priests amazing healers?

Let's talk about... everything else
Azuzu

Re: Why are watrior priests amazing healers?

Post#41 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:13 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Azuzu wrote:WP/DoK are currently a bit stronger than intended thanks to a broken tactic which provides them with much more survivable than they should have.
Someone forgot to report a bug?

It had been reported a few times and has been fixed per Aza. ^^
Suzu

Twitch: Watch The Big Ole Critties!

Suzu's UI: My UI

Ads
Myndfields

Post#42 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:07 am

Azuzu wrote:
Sulorie wrote:
Azuzu wrote:WP/DoK are currently a bit stronger than intended thanks to a broken tactic which provides them with much more survivable than they should have.
Someone forgot to report a bug?

It had been reported a few times and has been fixed per Aza. ^^
Wait, I missed a thing to make me broken? </3

SpikyBitz

Post#43 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:16 am

Penril wrote:
Kingofpol wrote:
Penril wrote:Instead of nerfing Dok/WP, i would prefer buffing AM/Shaman in some way. A change to their mechanic maybe.
>Buffng AM/Sham
>Lets make the most broken class, AM, even MORE BROKEN
broken in what sense? Ok, so some AM completely destroyed you in 1v1.

Guess what... 1v1... doesnt matter in WAR/RoR.
Just stop. Who cares if the game was not designed for 1v1, tho that was a cop-out from Mythic if ever I heard one. If a fight devolves to scattered 1v1s, the AM pretty much auto wins his or her portion, and can then run to support others by 2v1ing an enemy his bud is getting thrashed by. It is pretty simple math that a unit that has a 100% survival rate 1v1 (and probably still 90% 1v2) is a MAJOR asset to the group, as you d/n have to support it as much from other units. At teh very least, the class, as it stands, seems the LAST one that should ever get ANY sort of buff.

AMs are also pretty darned good at 1v2 and even 1v3, btw. I have nvr seen one that wasn't, unless the player sucked.

AM in nearly every tier so far seems well nigh unkillable unless the enemy gets VERY lucky and/or the AM is having a very bad day. I won a lot more fights on my n00b AM than I should have, as the class is just faceroll ezmode. Some of those fights, there was NO reason I should have won, given how unprepared for some of them I was, but the class mechanics just let me win, again and again. Far too many leeches and DoTs and HoTs, and the shield, AND the channel if no one is hitting you.

Last class in line for buffs.
Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!

Sulorie

Post#44 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:33 am

AM are good to farm newbies or baddies.
Dying is no option.

Aceboltz

Post#45 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:43 am

AM is a good class for farm if you are a baddie or a newbie.

Sulorie

Post#46 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:34 am

Now tell me you died to an AM to feel such hatred.
Dying is no option.

Penril

Post#47 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:20 pm

SpikyBitz wrote: Just stop. Who cares if the game was not designed for 1v1
I care, because i see many people giving suggestions with 1v1 in mind. Game is built around group combat, whether you like it or not. Don't blame me, i didn't design it.
SpikyBitz wrote: tho that was a cop-out from Mythic if ever I heard one. If a fight devolves to scattered 1v1s, the AM pretty much auto wins his or her portion, and can then run to support others by 2v1ing an enemy his bud is getting thrashed by
Good groups don't scatter and have their own little 1v1s. They stay together and assist each other. They will happily 6v1 you if you get away from your group. Even DPS AMs die when this happens.

I find it specially funny when one side gets rolled in a SC/RvR, and one guy from the losing team challenges one of the winners to a 1v1.
SpikyBitz wrote: It is pretty simple math that a unit that has a 100% survival rate 1v1 (and probably still 90% 1v2) is a MAJOR asset to the group, as you d/n have to support it as much from other units. At teh very least, the class, as it stands, seems the LAST one that should ever get ANY sort of buff.
You will have to support it because having a survival rate of 90-100% 1v1 means nothing when being focused by a good group that won't let him kite that easily (snares, KD, pulls, etc.). The AM will explode in a bazillion pieces unless you help him. Unfortunately many people think like you ("oh he is a DPS AM, he will be fine, he can kite and heal himself, no need to help him") and by the time he dies and your group gets pushed back/wiped, you wonder why you lost. This applies to all DPS healers.
SpikyBitz wrote: AMs are also pretty darned good at 1v2 and even 1v3, btw. I have nvr seen one that wasn't, unless the player sucked.

AM in nearly every tier so far seems well nigh unkillable unless the enemy gets VERY lucky and/or the AM is having a very bad day. I won a lot more fights on my n00b AM than I should have, as the class is just faceroll ezmode. Some of those fights, there was NO reason I should have won, given how unprepared for some of them I was, but the class mechanics just let me win, again and again. Far too many leeches and DoTs and HoTs, and the shield, AND the channel if no one is hitting you.

Last class in line for buffs.
You should clarify if you won many fights 1v1 with your DPS AM, or if you won many SC fights with your healing AM. Big difference. There are a lot of bad players who do great on DPS AM. There are very few good players that do great on healing AM. L2P issue? Maybe. If so, then heal-AM is definitely the hardest healer to play on Order.

Greatwarden

Post#48 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:44 am

The sad fact of the matter is that, "intended" or not, some classes can roam solo with impunity while others shouldn't even leave the warcamp without a guard or a healer.

Is it 'balanced'? Not even the Devs on OldWAR would dare to have an opinion.

Is it a source of dissatisfaction that contributed towards OldWAR's failure? I'd say 'yes'.

Ads
dviella

Post#49 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:52 am

As an old WP i have one suggestion. Dead healer cant heal. Figure it how to do it to be as much usefull for your party/warband as you can and you will be a great healer (AM/RP whatever).

The bitter spawn of night crawls from darkness to posses the world for eternity to come. Fools! Take refuge in faith or flee into the depths of madness, for no other hidding place remains. The Realm of Chaos has begun.

Sulorie

Post#50 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:17 pm

Penril wrote:
You should clarify if you won many fights 1v1 with your DPS AM, or if you won many SC fights with your healing AM. Big difference. There are a lot of bad players who do great on DPS AM. There are very few good players that do great on healing AM. L2P issue? Maybe. If so, then heal-AM is definitely the hardest healer to play on Order.
Playing dps am properly is more difficult than playing heal am.
Utilizing their full potential requires much more than dot&run.
Dying is no option.